Karns vs Oak Ridge...Thursday Night Rivalry

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

While Greeneville beat us pretty handily, the game wasn’t as bad as the score was, to be honest. That game was 14-0 before the whistle even blew and Greeneville had about 5 total yards on offense. Kinda demoralizing starting off in that kind of fashion. While they’re clearly better than us, they aren’t 49-14 much better.

HA! 

2nd half kick off. 10 Karns players gather at the center of the field. One stays on the sideline, just in bounds, talking to a coach. Quick kick to the sideline with the one lone player, that no one knew was in the game, sprinting to the ball and recovering.

Brilliant of chickenstuff? Could have changed the game totally.

12 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Had no idea that Karns was that pitiful on defense. Congrats to the Wildcats! Still a shot at 2nd place and a home game.

Karns is worse than pitiful on defense but this was exactly what OR needed on offense, no matter how weak the opponent. Campbell County will be bad on defense too but OR has the athletes to beat them badly too. DB game should be a good one 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OR nole said:

2nd half kick off. 10 Karns players gather at the center of the field. One stays on the sideline, just in bounds, talking to a coach. Quick kick to the sideline with the one lone player, that no one knew was in the game, sprinting to the ball and recovering.

Brilliant of chickenstuff? Could have changed the game totally.

100% brilliant.  Why  would that be a chickenstuff call? 

Edited by eyeinthesky

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't see then winning against DB but hopefully they can knock Campbell County off to avoid two below .500 teams in a row. The only thing worse than that for Oak Ridge is if someone bought Big Ed's and changed the recipe on the pizza's.

That' is it Barney! I won't get mad at you if you pick against Oak Ridge but don't you dare even jokingly  mess with Big Ed's. I will kick your...JUST JOKING BARNEY. I actually laughed at your post. You are one of a kind and an important part of the CoachT community.

DB will certainly be tough and especially tough after the 2 plus  hour drive up to K-sport.  It is too early to pick a score but I believe OR will improve from the Karns game and win Friday. Who knows maybe some of the famous Oak Ridge Injured will get back and the depth being developed will help bring the Wildcats a VictORy.

RWR! For The Ridge!

Gonna win that game for you baby ( a Cincinnati Bengal motto ) by the Bengal Boys singing group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeinthesky said:

100% brilliant.  Why  would that be a chickenstuff call? 

It borders on the "intent to deceive" rule, but it was not. Perfectly legal way to sneak a player on to the field. All players started at the sideline and went to the middle of the field. This player just stopped after one step (and happened to turn his back as if he were not in the game). 

I say brilliant as well. I wouldn't do it, but still good knowledge of the rulebook

A1 leaves the field of play during a down. Team A huddles with 10 players. Substitute A12 enters, and A2 simulates leaving the field but sets near the sideline for a "hide-out'' pass. RULING: Penalty—15 yards from the previous spot. This is a simulated replacement of a player to confuse opponents.

10 men in the huddle, 11th man runs in and WR runs out like he's a sub, only he stops and runs a route when the ball is snapped.

52 minutes ago, OR nole said:

It borders on the "intent to deceive" rule, but it was not. Perfectly legal way to sneak a player on to the field. All players started at the sideline and went to the middle of the field. This player just stopped after one step (and happened to turn his back as if he were not in the game). 

I say brilliant as well. I wouldn't do it, but still good knowledge of the rulebook

A1 leaves the field of play during a down. Team A huddles with 10 players. Substitute A12 enters, and A2 simulates leaving the field but sets near the sideline for a "hide-out'' pass. RULING: Penalty—15 yards from the previous spot. This is a simulated replacement of a player to confuse opponents.

10 men in the huddle, 11th man runs in and WR runs out like he's a sub, only he stops and runs a route when the ball is snapped.

It was Brilliant but I just can't believe it worked. Kick was perfect, distraction was perfect. The perfect inside scenario lol but try that twice in a season..haha 

18 hours ago, OR nole said:

They definitely toed the "intent to deceive" line, Nole. Brilliantly executed though.

I likened that particular play to Nick Kyrgios's underhand serve, which I think is a tad bush league.