Wartburg @ Rockwood

Thebalduglyduck

On 10/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, notes said:

The bigger question here is what happens to the region now with Rockwood dropping to A? Do they keep this a 4 team region or add someone? I kind of wonder if they shake up the whole region and it looks totally different next year. 

Well. I think there's two ways of going about it. Eagleton is going to Region 1, I think that's a forgone conclusion. 

With that in mind, move Meigs to Region two, but then that leaves 3 5 team regions in the East. 

The only other plausible explanation I can come up with is the just blow up that whole region. Send Oneida and Wartburg to Region 1. And then sort out the rest westward. I've been saying for years, if they can justify Jellico having to go to Cloudland for a region game, Oneida to Hampton isn't much more of a stretch. Especially now that  Oneida doesn't have all their historical matchups as region games (Coalfield, Oneida, Greenback ect) holding them from going east to Region 1. 

Edited by crazzyness

37 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Well. I think there's two ways of going about it. Eagleton is going to Region 1, I think that's a forgone conclusion. 

With that in mind, move Meigs to Region two, but then that leaves 3 5 team regions in the East. 

The only other plausible explanation I can come up with is the just blow up that whole region. Send Oneida and Wartburg to Region 1. And then sort out the rest westward. I've been saying for years, if they can justify Jellico having to go to Cloudland for a region game, Oneida to Hampton isn't much more of a stretch. Especially now that  Oneida doesn't have all their historical matchups as region games (Coalfield, Oneida, Greenback ect) holding them from going east to Region 1. 

Jellico has historically petitioned TSSAA to play in region 1. Also it’s roughly 180 from Oneida to Hampton, about 165 from wartburg to Hampton and 130ish from eagleton to Hampton. Geographically I agree I think eagleton is a foregone conclusion for region 1. I suspect Cumberland gap comes back to region 2. The longest travel scenario then would be Monterey to CG at around 120 miles. Just my take on it. 

Edited by crow

3 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Jellyroll said to the TSSAA PLEASE send us North!Didnt have to go.

3 hours ago, crow said:

Jellico has historically petitioned TSSAA to play in region 1. Also it’s roughly 180 from Oneida to Hampton, about 165 from wartburg to Hampton and 130ish from eagleton to Hampton. Geographically I agree I think eagleton is a foregone conclusion for region 1. I suspect Cumberland gap comes back to region 2. The longest travel scenario then would be Monterey to CG at around 120 miles. Just my take on it. 

CG to Monterey is easily a 2.5 hour trip, maybe more on bus. Add an hour for time zone, you are a talking a 3.5 plus hour trip. I would say CG to Jamestown is easily a 2 hour trip. But anyway they dice it, it's going to be some travel. I do think the time zone line is going to be an issue. Losing RW and adding CG doesn't exactly increase the level of football in the region. 

Also, if 2A has 5 teams, that means other regions are going to have some big numbers. I think they will have to put 6 or 7 in every region. 

5 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Meigs is going to 3A........When Alcoa was in 2A they were in region 2.....why not just replace Rockwood with Eagleton?

1 minute ago, Tigers24Fan said:

Meigs is going to 3A........When Alcoa was in 2A they were in region 2.....why not just replace Rockwood with Eagleton?

That would work. I also think they need to add another. Every projection I see about the West is 6 teams per region. If that is the case with 51 teams, then the 4 regions in the east are going to be big regions. 

5 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Only issue with that logic is Meigs has moved to 3A. My bad someone already said it not trying to be redundant.

Edited by smalltownfb

2 hours ago, Tigers24Fan said:

Eagleton is 60 miles closer each way to region 1 schools than Oneida and 45 closer each way than Wartburg. Monterey to CG is 125 that would be the farthest region travel. At any rate they’ll split it up however they see fit. 

2 hours ago, smalltownfb said:

West Greene is also going to R1.  That would make 5 teams.  So if WG and Eagleton both go R1 where would that leave oneida and wartburg? Still in R2 or do they blow up that region and leave central time zoned teams together? Oneida and Wartburg to R3 replacing Meigs and Tyner that moved up?

I’m betting region 2 will be Oneida, wartburg, Monterey, York and Cumberland gap. They may throw eagleton in also and leave region 1 with 5. That is the region they have been more prone to leave small and geographically it makes more sense. Possibly send Monterey to 3 to fill in for meigs. 

19 minutes ago, crow said:

Eagleton is 60 miles closer each way to region 1 schools than Oneida and 45 closer each way than Wartburg. Monterey to CG is 125 that would be the farthest region travel. At any rate they’ll split it up however they see fit. 

Eagleton to Oneida is about 83 miles.......Eagleton to York is about 85 miles....Eagleton to Hampton is about 134 miles......Region 2 looks like a better fit for Eagleton.......glad i;m not the person that has to figure this all out

3 minutes ago, Tigers24Fan said:

Eagleton to Oneida is about 83 miles.......Eagleton to York is about 85 miles....Eagleton to Hampton is about 134 miles......Region 2 looks like a better fit for Eagleton.......glad i;m not the person that has to figure this all out

Makes sense since Oneida and Alcoa will be in same region for basketball and baseball. I just don't think there will be any small regions. There are too many teams to find regions for. If Region 2 only has 4 or 5 teams that means someone else will have 8