Wartburg @ Rockwood

Thebalduglyduck

24 minutes ago, crow said:

I’m betting region 2 will be Oneida, wartburg, Monterey, York and Cumberland gap. They may throw eagleton in also and leave region 1 with 5. That is the region they have been more prone to leave small and geographically it makes more sense. Possibly send Monterey to 3 to fill in for meigs. 

This makes more sense to me than Oneida and Wartburg to region 1

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Makes sense since Oneida and Alcoa will be in same region for basketball and baseball. I just don't think there will be any small regions. There are too many teams to find regions for. If Region 2 only has 4 or 5 teams that means someone else will have 8

Happens every reclassification Unfortunately. Somewhere there will be a 4 or 5 team region and there will be a 7 or 8 team region somewhere. I don’t think it’s the eagleton travel that’s the issue with them to region 2. I think the problem runs into a current region 2 team headed to 1. That’s where travel gets lopsided. If, and I’m not saying it’s so, but if someone has to go to 1 then I think it’s eagleton. If someone doesn’t then they’re a 5 team region which is the very thing you say cannot happen. I’m saying I’d lay money on one of the 8 regions in 2A having 5 teams if not 4 somewhere in this state. And yes that will mean a much larger region elsewhere. Happens every reclassification period. 

Edited by crow

12 minutes ago, crow said:

Happens every reclassification Unfortunately. Somewhere there will be a 4 or 5 team region and there will be a 7 or 8 team region somewhere. I don’t think it’s the eagleton travel that’s the issue with them to region 2. I think the problem runs into a current region 2 team headed to 1. That’s where travel gets lopsided. If, and I’m not saying it’s so, but if someone has to go to 1 then I think it’s eagleton. If someone doesn’t then they’re a 5 team region which is the very thing you say cannot happen. I’m saying I’d lay money on one of the 8 regions in 2A having 5 teams if not 4 somewhere in this state. And yes that will mean a much larger region elsewhere. Happens every reclassification period. 

i think there are more teams this year to split up between 6 regions. Memphis has 12 teams taking up 2 regions. That is 39 teams to split between 6 regions. 6.5 per region. Going to be a tight fit if someone has 4 or 5 teams. Supposedly they want to get rid of the 5 team regions and have 6 at minimum. But that causes longer travel, but an 8 team region would be even worse. Something has to give.

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

i think there are more teams this year to split up between 6 regions. Memphis has 12 teams taking up 2 regions. That is 39 teams to split between 6 regions. 6.5 per region. Going to be a tight fit if someone has 4 or 5 teams. Supposedly they want to get rid of the 5 team regions and have 6 at minimum. But that causes longer travel, but an 8 team region would be even worse. Something has to give.

I’d like to see 8 teams across the board. Make making the playoffs mean something again. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Jellyroll said to the TSSAA PLEASE send us North!Didnt have to go.

I think part of the reason, historically, Jellico was pigeon holed into region one because they used to have "closer" District 2 opponents in Powell Valley and Forge Ridge over in Claiborne County. Those closed nearly 20 years ago though, and they've been caught in limbo ever since. 

I hadn't realized WG was dropping down. They'll obviouslly be in Region 1. I still think Eagleton will have to be in Region 1, since there's so many 2A schools in Memphis this go around, so Regions 1-6 will have to be more spread out, theoretically.

1 minute ago, crazzyness said:

I think part of the reason, historically, Jellico was pigeon holed into region one because they used to have "closer" District 2 opponents in Powell Valley and Forge Ridge over in Claiborne County. Those closed nearly 20 years ago though, and they've been caught in limbo ever since. 

I hadn't realized WG was dropping down. They'll obviouslly be in Region 1. I still think Eagleton will have to be in Region 1, since there's so many 2A schools in Memphis this go around, so Regions 1-6 will have to be more spread out, theoretically.

Jellico actually asked to go to region,we were gonna have to go if I'm not mistaken but they knew they had 0 chance of a playoff appearance in region 2 and seen that as their best chance.

Eagleton I agree they also are the closest AND travel expenses wont be an issue.I dont see any way they will be in 2.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Jellico actually asked to go to region,we were gonna have to go if I'm not mistaken but they knew they had 0 chance of a playoff appearance in region 2 and seen that as their best chance.

Eagleton I agree they also are the closest AND travel expenses wont be an issue.I dont see any way they will be in 2.

The more the merrier in region 1, make it much easier to fill out a schedule.  Small gates might be the only downfall. Not many teams are gonna bring a big fan base 2 1/2 to 3 hours away.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

The more the merrier in region 1, make it much easier to fill out a schedule.  Small gates might be the only downfall. Not many teams are gonna bring a big fan base 2 1/2 to 3 hours away.

I agree,better teams will let you know what you need to do to get better by playoffs.