The Ridge (OR) vs The Injuns of Dobyns-Bennett

SweetScience

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I just watched the replay of DB & WB. WB had some of the worst tackling I've seen in a long time. To be honest, much of the time I don't think they were even trying. There were several plays where there would be more than one WB player just reach out and touch the DB ball carrier as he ran by them. It wasn't all of the WB players but "several".  I just thought it looked weird. There were several plays where 3 or 4 WB players could have easily made a tackle but just sorta reached out and touched the guy as he ran by them. Could they have multiple players that want to see them lose for some reason?

Hypothetically speaking, I think in their mind the season is already over, they’re just going through the motions at this point.

I think it's a toss-up. From what I'm reading Oak Ridge has been steadily improving as the season goes along. I can't tell if DB has improved or not. Defiantly couldn't tell anything from the William Blount game. There's been only one game (Davey Crockett) that I would say DB played well. So I'm still waiting on them to put a good game together. Tomorrow night would be a good time. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Considering they've already lost one game I'd say it's too late instead of to early. 

Wow, I blew that one.   Okay, let's go 9-1 as a possibility?      You guys have had a phenomenal season especially considering pre-season expectations.      It was believed that DB would be mediocre based on graduating too many seniors last year.    Regardless of what happens in the playoffs the regular season has been fantastic.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:33 AM, bounder said:

Sorry I'm late SS but yes.  there was a JV game last night. OR won 28-14, My great grand Boy scored 3 tds but one was called back so pretty good night. And the cold wind has arrived up to "The Ship" man it was cutting down from the practice field then it would switch around and come from towards Big Ed's and drive Ya crazy with the smell. Good game but cold night. 

There was a  freshman JV game to be played with Campbell County but it was cancelled. So their season is over.

I understand there is a freshman game with Alcoa at Blankenship next Monday night, 

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Wow, I blew that one.   Okay, let's go 9-1 as a possibility?      You guys have had a phenomenal season especially considering pre-season expectations.      It was believed that DB would be mediocre based on graduating too many seniors last year.    Regardless of what happens in the playoffs the regular season has been fantastic.

You're gonna' have to change your diet blazer. You're starting to slip. It was year before last when DB lost a lot of seniors. They had a lot of guys coming back this year. It was expected they would be right where they are right now, 7-1  Looking at schedule before the season started it was known Jeff. Co. and Greeneville were the only two teams that could challenge DB up to this point. Won one, lost one. That's 50% against good teams. These last two games will be tough to win. The last two games will make or break DB's season. Oak Ridge probably has more talent, so I look to that game to be a lot like the Greeneville game. Science Hill probably has more talent also but are poorly coached. But apparently Science Hill has DB's number somehow.