Haywood @ Covington 10/21/22

CHARGERFAN

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Good luck Covington, you are going to need it! 

Yeah, after Dyer County was able to score 3 TD’s last week on the Charger defense, I suspect that we will have a hard time containing Haywood. I was feeling really good about the D when we had 3 shutouts and 3 games with the opponent only scoring one TD since the Munford loss. 

But, if DC was able to get 3 scores, I can imagine how hard it’s going to be to keep Haywood out of the endzone. I saw Haywood in person vs. Lake County and they have a bushel of playmakers. 

Still, you never know what can happen on a given Friday night.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

36 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, after Dyer County was able to score 3 TD’s last week on the Charger defense, I suspect that we will have a hard time containing Haywood. I was feeling really good about the D when we had 3 shutouts and 3 games with the opponent only scouring one TD since the Munford loss. 

But, if DC was able to get 3 scores, I can imagine how hard it’s going to be to keep Haywood out of the endzone. I saw Haywood in person vs. Lake County and they have a bushel of playmakers. 

Still, you never know what can happen on a given Friday night.

I agree. They don't play the games on the this forum. I suspect Covington to put up some points and make a game out of it for a while. Ultimately, I think the Cats win in a healthy margin. Also, I forget to mention this earlier. This rivalry needs to happen. I hope y'all keep Haywood on the schedule for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, stacmot said:

What???  No good luck for us!  I thought Haywood was your favorite purple team. 

Good luck to your Hornets against Lausanne this week.

Nope! NONE!!! You have followed it close enough to know that purple has been very unfriendly to us this year! 

We are going to need some luck as well. Lausanne is good. 

49 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Nope! NONE!!! You have followed it close enough to know that purple has been very unfriendly to us this year! 

We are going to need some luck as well. Lausanne is good. 

Lausanne has a Covington connection too. Their QB, Brock Glenn is an Ohio State commitment. He is from Covington, and his grandfather was QB for Byars-Hall (now Covington High),  graduating in 1962. Brock talked to Coach JR Kirby, I understand, before high school. Kirby said that he planned to continue running the wing-t, and Brock ended up at Lausanne. 

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I agree. They don't play the games on the this forum. I suspect Covington to put up some points and make a game out of it for a while. Ultimately, I think the Cats win in a healthy margin. Also, I forget to mention this earlier. This rivalry needs to happen. I hope y'all keep Haywood on the schedule for a long time. 

Can’t agree more! Absolutely no reason why Haywood and Covington don’t play each other every year! From what I understand it was the previous coach that wanted to drop Haywood from their schedule. I applaud the current coach for playing us! We should play every year regardless of classification 

1 hour ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

Can’t agree more! Absolutely no reason why Haywood and Covington don’t play each other every year! From what I understand it was the previous coach that wanted to drop Haywood from their schedule. I applaud the current coach for playing us! We should play every year regardless of classification 

I agree.  I've made numerous posts throughout my 18 year tenure on Coach T stating that Haywood and Covington need to play each other every year.  With reclassification and region assignments, it looks like Haywood will probably have to schedule 6 non-region games next cycle, so we should have several dates open for a possible Haywood-Covington game..

I don't think that will be the case for Covington.  I don't believe they will have as many non-region games to schedule, and two of those will have to be against county rivals Munford and Brighton. Region schedules come into play as well. 

Scheduling is just not as easy as some people think it is.

I hope the Cats and Chargers can schedule each other, but it might not work out.  For what it's worth, let's keep clamoring for it though!

I don't remember where, but I saw a projection that Covington could be placed in Region 8 with the Shelby County teams.  I don't think that will happen.  But if it does, look for Ripley to be added as another must play to Covington's non-region schedule.

Edited by stacmot

51 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I don't remember where, but I saw a projection that Covington could be placed in Region 8 with the Shelby County teams.  I don't think that will happen.  But if it does, look for Ripley to be added as another must play to Covington's non-region schedule.

In what scenario could that possibly happen? You already have 2 Shelby Co. teams in region 7 that could be moved to Region 8 (or is it just one). so I don’t see that happening to any others.  Please tell me I’m right? 

Edited by FOOTBALLROCKYTOP