5. Westview (1)               6-2      74     5

6. East Robertson          7-1      64     6  

7. Huntingdon                6-2      45     7

8. Freedom Prep            7-1      35     8

9. Union City                   7-1      27     9

10. Lewis County            7-1      21    10

Others receiving votes: Meigs County 1.

• Upvote 1

Our northern big brother Westview sure has bounced back like a champ from their first two losses, & still have room to improve. Their peaking at the right time, and now will be the time for them to do a Gold-ball repeat, which is tough to do. Next year they’re back in 3A, which is super-duper tough & very rare  to get by the elite programs there. So Chargers.. charge it up even more the rest of this season & chaaaaaarge ahead in 2A & DO IT AGAIN! 

• Like 1

I’m a Carter Co native and I’m all in on Hampton. But I’m not sure they can compete with the West. Or even the East Chattanooga area. They’re a small 2A team and made it to Chattanooga last year in a loss to Westview. But I’m not sold that they’re good enough to get that far this season. Obviously I’d love a Gold Ball for those Kids but I don’t think they have the athletes to compete with the bigger teams.  

40 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m a Carter Co native and I’m all in on Hampton. But I’m not sure they can compete with the West. Or even the East Chattanooga area. They’re a small 2A team and made it to Chattanooga last year in a loss to Westview. But I’m not sold that they’re good enough to get that far this season. Obviously I’d love a Gold Ball for those Kids but I don’t think they have the athletes to compete with the bigger teams.  

We just hope to beat Unaka Thrusday night . Can't win but one game at a time.  I'm sure were not the most talented team in 2s but that don't mean you can't win. We'll give it heck until they tell us were done. We are getting better and more balanced as the season progresses. Hope that helps as it goes along.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

We just hope to beat Unaka Thrusday night . Can't win but one game at a time.  I'm sure were not the most talented team in 2s but that don't mean you can't win. We'll give it heck until they tell us were done. We are getting better and more balanced as the season progresses. Hope that helps as it goes along.

Good insight. . That’s what makes HS Football so special. Who’d of thought the Cyclones had a chance in the playoffs last yr after that butt whooping they got in the regular season from Greenville. And i have to give the Dogs a lot of credit last year in Chattanooga their fans showed up in force and IF they punch it in right before the half they played an even first half. Against a team that i gave them Zero chance of competing with because of Westview’s size speed and overall athleticism. But those country boys came to compete and definitely played their hearts out. So yeah you just never know how teams and the kids will perform. As much as I’m surprised with Unaka actually fielding a competitive team this year i see a running clock atp prolly 2nd half. Hampton is definitely one of the 4 or 5 best teams in 2A ball this season.