Classes announced

Indian

16 hours ago, WannaBeReferee said:

If they base it on their numbers then they are square right in the middle of 3A, but who knows, they may pull a Pearl and move up. It's crazy that a 3A school can compete with 4, 5, and 6A schools on a yearly basis. 

Theres a difference in beating 4, 5 and 6A schools in regular season and winning 4, 5, and 6A Gold Balls

12 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

This 100% ^

Knowing Alcoa theyll likely drop to 2A cuz they are bored of 3A (and done all they can do there) and Scared of 4A and 4A Playoffs

Also, speaking of Private, Rankin is there now :lol:

Alcoa could probably win the 4A gold ball so careful what you wish for should they move up.

1 minute ago, Fanofballs365 said:

When will the regions get announced? Are there any teams requesting to play up? 

My guess is the TSSAA is putting the regions together as we speak. To my knowledge, schools had until yesterday to request their wish to play up.  I did hear a rumor that today is the last day to request but I haven't seen anything official. 

Nov 17 is the BOC meeting that will vote and finalize everything.  

19 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

My guess is the TSSAA is putting the regions together as we speak. To my knowledge, schools had until yesterday to request their wish to play up.  I did hear a rumor that today is the last day to request but I haven't seen anything official. 

Nov 17 is the BOC meeting that will vote and finalize everything.  

It is my understanding that the region alignments will be announced no later than 1 week before the Nov 7the BOC meeting.

Schools will have until Monday, October 24, 2022 to notify the state office of their wish to move up in any of the above classification plans.

Once the deadline passes, the state office staff, with input from Board members, will set districts and regions and post them to the TSSAA website when complete. District and region alignments will be published no later than one week prior to the Board of Control's November 17, 2022 meeting. Any school that disagrees with their placement can have their appeal heard by the Board of Control at that time.

Edited by rlh

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Pops, were you once at Elizabethton and now at Fayetteville?  

You busted me brother. . My heart and family is in Carter Co. I work next to FCHS and was asked several years ago to help with the home games and have seen every game since 2019. My posts started out a little rough and some prolly were downright abrasive. You’re a down right legend on Coacht and I really enjoy all the info and time you put into your posts. You make the message boards informative and entertaining. Keep up the great work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You busted me brother. . My heart and family is in Carter Co. I work next to FCHS and was asked several years ago to help with the home games and have seen every game since 2019. My posts started out a little rough and some prolly were downright abrasive. You’re a down right legend on Coacht and I really enjoy all the info and time you put into your posts. You make the message boards informative and entertaining. Keep up the great work. 

Southtower is da man. Knows his stuff and is a fine person to go with it. Been my favorite poster for years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Could it be the living legend?

• Upvote 1