Union City Golden Tornadoes welcome Huntingdon to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

1 hour ago, Tornado82 said:

The Defensive front is well conditioned and can definitely go the distance. They have allowed less points than anyone in our region. Not totally sure but I also believe the least amount of rushing yards allowed also.

That is true overall- but in region only games you have scored 186 points and given up 85. Huntingdon has scored 195 and given up only 66. I think region only games are a better indication of efficiency. Apples to Apples. No result would shock me in this game, I’ve seen some STRANGE things happen in the UC. But....and this is strange to say.... Huntingdon will have the advantage through the air if needed. I think this game is super close in first half, if both teams don’t have turnovers. And then Huntingdon leaves the Nadoes behind in the 2nd half. That’s just a gut feeling, UC is a very strong team.

45 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

That is true overall- but in region only games you have scored 186 points and given up 85. Huntingdon has scored 195 and given up only 66. I think region only games are a better indication of efficiency. Apples to Apples. No result would shock me in this game, I’ve seen some STRANGE things happen in the UC. But....and this is strange to say.... Huntingdon will have the advantage through the air if needed. I think this game is super close in first half, if both teams don’t have turnovers. And then Huntingdon leaves the Nadoes behind in the 2nd half. That’s just a gut feeling, UC is a very strong team.

I think it stays close and UC’s defense finally shuts down the run and Mustangs attempt to pass and UC surprises them with starting backs back on the field and that’s the difference in the game. It will be a great game.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:10 PM, Tornado82 said:

And you base your opinion about Peabody being better on what????  The fact that they beat Lake Co by 8 points and UC beat Lake Co by 48 points. Your opinions are based on nothing but just that your opinion. You are entitled to have one like everyone else but I will let these two great teams decide it on Friday night.

Who knows.  Kids dude. Peabody handled Westview. Didn't Westview beat both UC and the Stangs.  All these games are toss ups. Peabody can beat both you guys and both you guys can beat Peabody including Westview beating Peabody.  The team which makes the least mistakes will win. Point blank 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Can you explain the 21-7 game that Westview had with Ripley this past Friday?  If they plan on making it to Chattanooga they are going to have to play a lot better than that.

I was told Westview was up 21-0 at half. They played there freshman team second half. Resting starters. 

14 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

I was told Westview was up 21-0 at half. They played there freshman team second half. Resting starters. 

I got confirmation that the young guys played the second half. Didn't want to risk injury or run up score. Probably will do the same this week at Houston County. I was told they were going to state their JV team on Friday night. 

19 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

I got confirmation that the young guys played the second half. Didn't want to risk injury or run up score. Probably will do the same this week at Houston County. I was told they were going to state their JV team on Friday night. 

I was told by other coaches that were there scouting that this was not the case. Westview played their starters the entire game.