Union City Golden Tornadoes welcome Huntingdon to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

So, this game isn't just for second place. It's for whoever doesn't want to go to Memphis potentially for two straight weeks (assuming they win round one). Winner will host the first round, and likely will travel to Martin for the second round game. 

When I look at Union City, the 19 points scored on USJ and the 20 points scored on Westview worries me a little. They've been able to score TD's on all the other opponents, which are pretty bad. Huntingdon has been able to score more on opponents that are better than what Union City has been able to do against their opponents. 41 and 42 on Peabody and Milan respectively, and 33 on Riverside. They been able to get into the 30's. 

The good news for Union City, they basically had 3 weeks to prepare for this game. So, it wouldn't shock me if they throw a wrinkle at Huntingdon to surprised them. I trust Huntingdon to score 30-35 more than I trust Union City to score 30-35, but the 3 weeks to prepare maybe if the difference if Union City has been able to maximize their scouting time. But Union City probably need to get into the 30's. I can't see them winning a 17-14 type game. 

The winner of this game wouldn’t have to go to Westview until the qtrs. Round 2 they would have to go to the Memphis 1 seed Fairley assuming Fairley wins in the first rd. I am curious how good Fairley is being 9-0 and having outscored their opponents 414-56 on the year. Haven’t really played anyone except freedom prep last week. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:40 PM, Mustang1969 said:

That is true overall- but in region only games you have scored 186 points and given up 85. Huntingdon has scored 195 and given up only 66. I think region only games are a better indication of efficiency. Apples to Apples. No result would shock me in this game, I’ve seen some STRANGE things happen in the UC. But....and this is strange to say.... Huntingdon will have the advantage through the air if needed. I think this game is super close in first half, if both teams don’t have turnovers. And then Huntingdon leaves the Nadoes behind in the 2nd half. That’s just a gut feeling, UC is a very strong team.

You had me then you lost me when you said "huntindon will have an advantage through the air"

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The winner of this game wouldn’t have to go to Westview until the qtrs. Round 2 they would have to go to the Memphis 1 seed Fairley assuming Fairley wins in the first rd. I am curious how good Fairley is being 9-0 and having outscored their opponents 414-56 on the year. Haven’t really played anyone except freedom prep last week. 

I said earlier this year I thought Fairley  would be good and in the second rd should be a good game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Westview will probably play another team out Memphis in second round

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That would mean Freedom Prep would have to upset either Huntingdung or UC. 

Yes, Both of there offenses are built to play from ahead and not behind. Once they get down 2 scores its over. Westview has a high powered offense with play makers that can score on any play. The kid they call Q on Westview is probably going to be in the running for Mr. Football. Could be back to back Mr. Footballs coming out of Westview.  I think Freedom Preps speed and athleticism will be to much they get behind and one or both teams lose. Westview eventually plays Riverside to see who goes to Chatanooga. 

Huntingdon offense this season can score fast or they can grind it out. They fought back after being down 2 scores against Westview and drove the field and scored with 16 seconds on the clock against Peabody. Huntingdon defense plays the run better than the pass. I haven’t made a score prediction all season but I think this one will go in the favor of the Mustangs. 35-21 

Edited by Waker