Meigs vs Marion

BigFoot423

Just now, Tiger2 said:

I think it was more their offensive line than number 4 the second half.

You was right about our QB.  Meadows ran hard and made a couple nice throws when he needed to. He also took couple big hits and kept trucking

Gary, Will, and now Ethan are super athletes. We are fortunate to have had  them. Glad we have him and most of our weapons back next year.

On 10/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, Dadof2 said:

I haven’t seen Marion this year but I just have a feeling that Meigs wins this game. Meigs played Tyner about as good as they could and held them to their lowest points of the year besides Alcoa so I don’t think Marion’s speed will be anything like that. I think Meigs physical play will be the defense. I also think the Meigs QB will have his number called a lot Friday night. 

Bledsoe will beat Polk. I’m still trying to figure out how Marion lost to Polk. They are a little better than last year but not by much.

I knew if Meigs was going to win it would be the QB that would be the difference also number 5 will be special but need to learn how control his emotions, but he’s really good for a freshman.

We have called the QB out of the shotgun in like 6 weeks as the primary offense. Looks like Dadof2 may have some insider information. 
Meigs Oline looked a little rough with the ball being run in between the tackles. 
having the additional blocker for the QB was a big difference, got to give the boys who blocked for him some credit atleast? 
I keep hearing Fitz coached it better we haven’t hidden anything we planned on running at all. It just wasn’t stopped. 
Marion had the keys to the truck coaches bout gave it away with that late INT 

Anyone realize meigs Abandon the power run game after a 43 yard td ? 

31 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Truly unbelievable that this Jasper team is out of the playoffs. There is simply no excuse for it. I’m not a Jasper fan, but I’m a football fan and it’s inexcusable for them to be sitting at home with that size and talent. 

This is very true, disappointing loss to polk is what kept em out.  Disappointing season, for sure.  Time to get things corrected and start preparing for next year.

4 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Truly unbelievable that this Jasper team is out of the playoffs. There is simply no excuse for it. I’m not a Jasper fan, but I’m a football fan and it’s inexcusable for them to be sitting at home with that size and talent. 

They got it together too late in the year. At least that's what I see on the outside looking in. Marion after the Polk loss pulled it together it looked like. But that was one region game too late.

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

This is very true, disappointing loss to polk is what kept em out.  Disappointing season, for sure.  Time to get things corrected and start preparing for next year.

Excluding Tyner and Tellico the other teams in our region  were very close in talent. When that happens alot of times coaching comes into play to make it a deciding factor. The game last night showcased two pretty strong offenses. Neither defense was able to slow the opposing offense down.

10 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I agree. I would hope they over haul the whole staff but powers that be like losing I guess. Out coaches in every game that was close. They will keep him as head coach to keep Pickett there. Question why do all the ex pirate players on Marion staff not down there coaching 

Blows my mind that Marion didn’t make playoffs with their talent. I know they lost their Senior back but Marion has some dudes up front and athletes everywhere. Not sure what the deal was with the former HC but the 2021 Marion team would mop the 2022 Marion team and talent wise the 2022 team should’ve been better. Next year Marion’s HC better ditch the catch phrases and all social media glamour and just learn to coach better. Can’t put this season on the kids. I’m just keeping it real

1 hour ago, Classicwarrior83 said:

I agree. I would hope they over haul the whole staff but powers that be like losing I guess. Out coaches in every game that was close. They will keep him as head coach to keep Pickett there. Question why do all the ex pirate players on Marion staff not down there coaching 

Old Pirate says Picket or No Picket Jailhouse High would be still playing if not fer all the back stabbing. Dale would have got them in the playoffs. Figure the kinfolkes got the Karma they had coming. Next year, same scenario coming. Yep, Recon So.