Meigs vs Marion

BigFoot423

9 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I think both teams got the capability to be pretty good offensively but need to do a little more.  They both do have some talented players.

Meigs had three nice pass plays when they really needed them to three different athletes.  #10, #13  and number #5 made some nice grabs for first downs but I think that was our only three completions.

With the QB and 23 and that senior FB running it they got some options.

When we play tougher and bigger teams it's gets difficult just trying to run over them. 

I'm still confused how Marion couldn't figure out or stop our QB from going left. 

I think we will have to throw more next Friday to win that game against a better defense. I think if we run the same play’s it will be a long night. IMO

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I think we will have to throw more next Friday to win that game against a better defense. I think if we run the same play’s it will be a long night. IMO

We will definitely need to mix it up. It's good that we have the ability.  It's likely there will be alot of possession changes if our scores for the season are any indication how this game might go. 

We should have posted this on the playoff thread. 

Edited by Yeti

9 hours ago, Eraser said:

HEELLLOOOO!!! Speaking of back stabbing. Word last year was your current Head Coach was plotting with many in Jasper to help push Dale out so he could get the job with promises of getting more kids to come to Jasper. Good thing he didnt promise anyone to make the playoffs! FUNNY HOW THAT ALL WORKED OUT JACK!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT !! HELLOOOO!!! ONE TIME!! ENJOY BASKETBALL SEASON

Eraser, TTP ain’t ever had his mind right, figure that never goin to change. He is regularly full of mess cause his hatred for SP. Old Pirate got many miles on his odometer but well remember his comments years ago bout SP being known for blacks & project city. That racest attitude is apparently still strong round the jailhouse. Old Pirate says yo hit the mail squarely on the head. Jasper has proven to be a special place in the minds of the confused. Them warriorettes sure like to steal ideals & sitch. Ain’t got to be genius to recognize there envy of the Pirates. The Pirates been the lead dog throughout state Championships, only team with black uniforms. Even remember them kinfolkes says the Pirates cheated by wearing black uniforms helping them to hide the futeball.  OP witnessed there jr. High type homecoming crowd mess, them folkes even play that Thunder Struck song made famous at the Speedway.   Their early Halloween costume were  showcased. It hit OP, them kinfolkes trying to be Pirates, song, black uniforms,  former Pirates coaching Earholing and attempted The Captain’s 3rd & long stall play against them Nest Dwellers from Signal. Leastways, them Jailhouse High kinfolkes can come on down Friday to mix with the Pirates, theys can even wear black, cause they proven theys love it! Cause theys really do hate Puke Purple too!  LOPWOAO. Them folkes jest liable steal a few more than playbooks once theys sees the new orange/black fire truck jest might want one too!   “IFIN YOU AIN’T THE LEAD DOG, THE SMELL AND SCENERY NEVER CHANGE”

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eraser said:

HEELLLOOOO!!! Speaking of back stabbing. Word last year was your current Head Coach was plotting with many in Jasper to help push Dale out so he could get the job with promises of getting more kids to come to Jasper. Good thing he didnt promise anyone to make the playoffs! FUNNY HOW THAT ALL WORKED OUT JACK!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT !! HELLOOOO!!! ONE TIME!! ENJOY BASKETBALL SEASON

LRDAO…. Them jailhouse fellars stay confused and continue to hang the hat on broken promises.  Ole RD was up at Ronnies red eye last night and I garuntee they is some rumblings going on around the jailhouse.  You think im joking but im not.

19 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Like I said, you don't know half of what you think.  If Dale was upset with money the first time, he wouldn't have wanted to come back again.  The money that was raised for him was given to his assistants as he didn't need the money. There is a reason he has never won the big game.  Good riddance. Mathis would have been fired by now probably after a couple of bad years.  He left for a double in his salary.  Can't blame him for that.  No one in Marion County's three schools will stay longterm  unless they are local because they can go 30 minutes down the road and make more than double.  Speaking of running coaches off.  Didn't yall run one of the most successful high school coaches in the state off?  Yep, Recon So, two times.  Also, ran off Jones if you are really in the know you realize that.  On top of that your head coach now backstabbing all the way to make sure Waggoner didn't get the job he was promised and everyone else that was interviewed.  Why didn't Rankin take it?  You guessed it, he wanted no part of the small town drama that exists in our county as a whole.  No denying it.  I have stayed out of the bickering between sp and mc since they decided to quit playing us bit just wanted to spit some truth out there for ya.

You hit the nail on the head in this one TTP.

You think I'm jokin but I'm not 

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I feel we have some great athletes currently and the last several years but just feel we don't spread the ball around enough to keep good defenses honest. I think to be considered a strong offense we need to be more balanced.

Over the years it has shown as we advance.

This year #5, 10, 13, 23. And 25 have made a couple nice catches and have the ability to make plays but we seem to only pass maybe a couple times a game when it's extremely obvious.

I just want to say congratulations to the Marion County Warriors for a job well done this season. These kiddos lost one of the best players in our entire district the second game and they still fought each and every Friday night. They would have won several more games this year if we had not lost Al. He really was the heart and soul of our team. These kiddos have a really bright future. These coaches, these players, and this program are second to none here and I for one am proud of them even though injuries cost us going to the playoffs. I listened to the game with Meigs County and we almost had them. We will beat them and win the district next season. I am sure these kiddos and coaches are already working hard toward next season. We did not have very many seniors and will be a very good team next year. I am behind you Coach Stark now it is time for us all to get behind these kiddos on the basketball court. Good luck to all of them and Al I hope you get healed up quickly to get out there with them. Go Warriors!

43 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

I just want to say congratulations to the Marion County Warriors for a job well done this season. These kiddos lost one of the best players in our entire district the second game and they still fought each and every Friday night. They would have won several more games this year if we had not lost Al. He really was the heart and soul of our team. These kiddos have a really bright future. These coaches, these players, and this program are second to none here and I for one am proud of them even though injuries cost us going to the playoffs. I listened to the game with Meigs County and we almost had them. We will beat them and win the district next season. I am sure these kiddos and coaches are already working hard toward next season. We did not have very many seniors and will be a very good team next year. I am behind you Coach Stark now it is time for us all to get behind these kiddos on the basketball court. Good luck to all of them and Al I hope you get healed up quickly to get out there with them. Go Warriors!

Meigs is going to 3A next season so you should have an easier time making the playoffs. 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:22 AM, Eraser said: