Meigs vs Marion

BigFoot423

8 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I watched him pretty much beat Signal by himself last week. That kid is a special player and only a sophomore. 

Our qb is probably a similar type athlete. We don't utilize him much just to keep him healthy. They will loosen the reigns I'm sure in this game. This will be a fun game to watch.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

I'd have to pick you guys but sure wouldn't be shocked if Marion Won.

Understand that Pujo. This game could go either way. The improvements we've made since TKA and Bledsoe are substantial year to date so we should be ready to play some good football. The last team we saw on the field was Tyner. That only means whatever Marion throws at us it won't be as dominant as what we faced a couple weeks back. We will come ready to play.

12 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Marion could win for sure. They have size and speed. In my opinion they have underachieved this season but what do I know. Win this game and it’s a new season for them though. 

Severely underachieved.  Mc has had flashes of getting better but the polk loss was a total embarrassment but one could have seen it coming with fall break.  My opinion of this game is that neither team is really that good, but win and your in.  It is do or die for mc cause I don't think there is any way that polk beats bledsoe.  Meigs is a power team and that's what we have struggled with in three of our losses.  It will be easy to tell how this game will go from meigs first drive.  If we come out in the 3 man front then meigs will win by three scores.  Have to put at least four or five on the line and bring a safety down and stack the box.  Make the qb beat you with his arm.  Meigs will overload and run power to the strong side and we haven't done well the past 5 years at setting the edge.  We have had trouble even shifting over to be in position.  

12 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Severely underachieved.  Mc has had flashes of getting better but the polk loss was a total embarrassment but one could have seen it coming with fall break.  My opinion of this game is that neither team is really that good, but win and your in.  It is do or die for mc cause I don't think there is any way that polk beats bledsoe.  Meigs is a power team and that's what we have struggled with in three of our losses.  It will be easy to tell how this game will go from meigs first drive.  If we come out in the 3 man front then meigs will win by three scores.  Have to put at least four or five on the line and bring a safety down and stack the box.  Make the qb beat you with his arm.  Meigs will overload and run power to the strong side and we haven't done well the past 5 years at setting the edge.  We have had trouble even shifting over to be in position.  

With a 3 man front you will have 7 in the box I am assuming you are in a 3-4, the olb walk down and your basically in a 5-2 and if you want 8 you can walk a safety down and run a cov 3, which is a good scheme.

27 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I didn’t want to say severely. I have only seen you play two games.  You have the pieces though from what I’ve seen. Lots of size and speed on your team. Not to mention an unbelievably special talent with #4. Just looking at your kids I would have said 8-1 right now winning every game by 21 or more and the Tyner game would have been very competitive. But again… what do I know. I’m just judging strictly off how your kids look. Outside of CCS, SP hasn’t seen a team that passes the eye test better than Jasper. 

13 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I didn’t want to say severely. I have only seen you play two games.  You have the pieces though from what I’ve seen. Lots of size and speed on your team. Not to mention an unbelievably special talent with #4. Just looking at your kids I would have said 8-1 right now winning every game by 21 or more and the Tyner game would have been very competitive. But again… what do I know. I’m just judging strictly off how your kids look. Outside of CCS, SP hasn’t seen a team that passes the eye test better than Jasper. 

I don't know, that A-E to looks like they out to be able to whip some people given their size and athleticism.  Then again, they are in the same boat as jasper.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I don't know, that A-E to looks like they out to be able to whip some people given their size and athleticism.  Then again, they are in the same boat as jasper.

Nah, we definitely don't have athletes like that.  But we should be better than we are.  A lot of injuries, but it is what it is. 

Edited by TheTruthPrevails