Henry County @ Portland

SEC1rules

11 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

With your defense you can play your JV offense and your regular D and have a running clock in the second half 

rumor has it that Portland coaches thought they could beat us if Devon didn’t play 

wrong 

Springfield is a very good team all the way through on offense, defense, and special teams.  Crenshaw is just a dynaminc player that adds another element to that team.  They will be tough out.  To beat them the opponent will have to be firing on all cylinders, NO TURNOVERS, and get a few from the Yellow Jackets. 

5 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I stand corrected.  Thank for setting the record straight. Good luck Friday.  HC is stout 

Once again, The Commissioner is correct.  There is a scenario in one of the infinite Multiverses that Portland could be #1.
But, I'm a realist.  Just talking stats.

Reserving my ticket early in GoFan for 11/18, when Henry County travels back to the Yellowjackets nest.

14 minutes ago, PantherPride2022 said:

Once again, The Commissioner is correct.  There is a scenario in one of the infinite Multiverses that Portland could be #1.

Reserving my ticket early in GoFan for 11/18, when Henry County travels back to the Yellowjackets nest.

If both HC and Springfield make it that far, the game will be at HC I believe.

Lots of football to be played before then.

Edited by BigRedRealist

2 hours ago, PantherPride2022 said:

2 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

If both HC and Springfield make it that far, the game will be at HC I believe.

Lots of football to be played before then.

We have a very BIG GAME Friday.  We have to get pass Clarksville Northwest first

42 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Commissioner,if you lived in Paris  what route would you take to get to Portland Friday? Where is the stadium located?

GO BIG RED

Not 100% on where the stadium is located once you get to Portland but I think the best route would be just like you were going to Springfield high school, except do not take the right at the light on HW76 toward SHS, just remain straight on HW49, you will go through Orlinda and then into Portland, someone correct me if I am wrong...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Paris,+TN,+Tennessee/Portland,+Tennessee+37148/@36.5382391,-86.777133,11z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x887ba366c56921ff:0xb3d801822821aad2!2m2!1d-88.2461183!2d36.3369938!1m5!1m1!1s0x8865cb152f9a6017:0x50eb4cf8620caa39!2m2!1d-86.5163833!2d36.5817089!3e0

Yeah looks like Google agrees with my directions...

Edited by Kevin38

48 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Commissioner,if you lived in Paris  what route would you take to get to Portland Friday? Where is the stadium located?

GO BIG RED

OldDevil 

I would come down I-24 towards Nashville from Clarksville, get off at exit 24 (Coopertown/Springfield exit) that’s Highway 49.  Take Highway 49 through Springfield to Orlinda, at the stop sign in Orlinda take a right onto Highway 52.  Highway 52 will take you into Portland.  At the intersection of 109 and 52 in the heart of Portland take a right on 109.  The football is on the left at Portland Middle on 109 about a mile or two after you turn right. The field is right on the railroad tracks.  You will get shook up a couple of times during the game when the train runs 

Honk when you go by our house 

Edited by TheCommissioner

3 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Not 100% on where the stadium is located once you get to Portland but I think the best route would be just like you were going to Springfield high school, except do not take the right at the light on HW76 toward SHS, just remain straight on HW49, you will go through Orlinda and then into Portland, someone correct me if I am wrong...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Paris,+TN,+Tennessee/Portland,+Tennessee+37148/@36.5382391,-86.777133,11z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x887ba366c56921ff:0xb3d801822821aad2!2m2!1d-88.2461183!2d36.3369938!1m5!1m1!1s0x8865cb152f9a6017:0x50eb4cf8620caa39!2m2!1d-86.5163833!2d36.5817089!3e0

I would personally go to Clarksville and get on 24E. Take that to Old Hickory Blvd. OHB to 65N. 65N to exit 117, HWY 52. Take HWY 52 to Portland. Turn Right onto HWY 109. Stadium is roughly 1/2 mile in the left. 

The stadium is at Portland East Middle School.