Alcoa travels to AE, UPSET of the Week here!!! LOCK IT IN!

Turtle

15 minutes ago, Indian said:

Memphis East jumped from 2A to 4A  in basketball just now, similar to what they've done in the past. 

You're comparing Basketball to football.  Does this make Memphis East play 6a football then too since they jumped to the highest classification in Basketball?

Show me a School who has jumped two classifications in Football and the TSSAA allowed it.....

Just now, Swipes said:

You're comparing Basketball to football.  Does this make Memphis East play 6a football then too since they jumped to the highest classification in Basketball?

Show me a School who has jumped two classifications in Football and the TSSAA allowed it.....

Brentwood Academy played 5A in 1-division football. 

It's not my comparison, it's the TSSAA allowing it. East in 6A football, theoretically, has nothing to do with this. 

If it can be done in basketball, it can be done in football, but nobody wants to do it now apparently.  

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yes you can play up two classes if your school wants to in any sport by TSSAA rules. Alcoa just wants to make excuses why the don’t play up.., one year it was because the Knoxville schools were threatening to move up… not this year… none of them threaten to move. So who cares.. let them play in 3a and keep winning… your not proving anything to anyone … except your not wanting to play up against different competition 

2 minutes ago, Indian said:

Brentwood Academy played 5A in 1-division football. 

It's not my comparison, it's the TSSAA allowing it. East in 6A football, theoretically, has nothing to do with this. 

If it can be done in basketball, it can be done in football, but nobody wants to do it now apparently.  

Once again a Private School who didn't play by the same rules as public schools and the main reason the Division 2 started in the first place. Knox Catholic did the same until the TSSAA changed their rules recently about tuition assistance

Then East in 4a Basketball has nothing to do with Football by your logic since we are talking about football not basketball.

Thats like saying if a Senior in High School can declare for the NBA Draft or MLB draft they should be able to Declare for NFL draft.  Football is it's own animal and everyone knows that.  Like i've said show me a team that the TSSAA has allowed to play up more than one division

5 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

Yes you can play up two classes if your school wants to in any sport by TSSAA rules. Alcoa just wants to make excuses why the don’t play up.., one year it was because the Knoxville schools were threatening to move up… not this year… none of them threaten to move. So who cares.. let them play in 3a and keep winning… your not proving anything to anyone … except your not wanting to play up against different competition 

Please provide the rule then and i'll stand corrected.  Go and compare Alcoa's schedule to any public school around here no matter the classification who plays Maryville every year?  Who played the best team in 5a in Knox West?  Who tried to get the three best teams in 4a to play? Like i've stated multiple times now moving to 4a schedule wise wouldn't be a big difference from what they have now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Please provide the rule then and i'll stand corrected.  Go and compare Alcoa's schedule to any public school around here no matter the classification who plays Maryville every year?  Who played the best team in 5a in Knox West?  Who tried to get the three best teams in 4a to play? Like i've stated multiple times now moving to 4a schedule wise wouldn't be a big difference from what they have now

You could have moved to 4A and those schools you say are scared of you would have to play you and you could still keep your two games against Maryville and west… the only difference you would be playing the best 3 teams in 4A in playoffs where you may or may not win and cost you a championship that is easy for you in 3A…

if you can move up in basketball 2 classifications, you can move up 2 in football in tssaa…. Nobody has wanted to do that but you could if you wanted to

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Thanks Swipes............sigh. :rolleyes:

Bottom line Alcoa needs to know if Knoxville 4A Teams will remain in region 2? If not, there could be long travel games. At the same time, if you let Alcoa move up, you can not stop 4A teams from moving up.  

13 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

You could have moved to 4A and those schools you say are scared of you would have to play you and you could still keep your two games against Maryville and west… the only difference you would be playing the best 3 teams in 4A in playoffs where you may or may not win and cost you a championship that is easy for you in 3A…

if you can move up in basketball 2 classifications, you can move up 2 in football in tssaa…. Nobody has wanted to do that but you could if you wanted to

Stop referring to me as "you" when i'm not an Alcoa Fan just tired of people like you crying all the dang time.  Alcoa would be favored in 4a and this is coming from a GREENEVILLE Fan and former player.  Alcoa isn't going to let TSSAA make the decision to potentially put them in the Chattanooga region in 4a and don't blame them (They did it to AC).

You said TSSAA has a rule so show the dang Rule instead if trying to compare it to a less physical sport.  Just because the TSSAA will let someone move up in Basketball two classes because it's not as physical as football doesn't mean they would allow a football team to move up two classifications.  It's the same way the NBA use to let high schools get drafted and Baseball still does out of high school.  Football you will never see that happen.....

40 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

:roflol:

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

There is no rule that says you can’t move up 2 classifications period. You can move up however you want to. It’s same rules for all sports on moving classifications during recycle period.  

39 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Stop referring to me as "you" when i'm not an Alcoa Fan just tired of people like you crying all the dang time.  Alcoa would be favored in 4a and this is coming from a GREENEVILLE Fan and former player.  Alcoa isn't going to let TSSAA make the decision to potentially put them in the Chattanooga region in 4a and don't blame them (They did it to AC).

You said TSSAA has a rule so show the dang Rule instead if trying to compare it to a less physical sport.  Just because the TSSAA will let someone move up in Basketball two classes because it's not as physical as football doesn't mean they would allow a football team to move up two classifications.  It's the same way the NBA use to let high schools get drafted and Baseball still does out of high school.  Football you will never see that happen.....

Reclassification and tssaa rules refer to all sports … 

40 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Alcoa was not being put in a chattanooga region… stop making excuses. They were gonna be in region 2 with other Knox county schools