1A road to Chatt..Pretenders and Contenders

Doc931

16 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Its that time of year last week of the regular season and then the road to chatt begins. Who are your Contenders/Pretenders? Who is primed for an Upset? Who will be the last two teams standing? 

Thoughts?

Don't think there will be  any upsets in the West it will be Peabody, MASE, City, or Mckenzie which ever one of these four teams that make it through wont be a surprise to anybody. Not sure about the East teams.

3 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

Don't think there will be  any upsets in the West it will be Peabody, MASE, City, or Mckenzie which ever one of these four teams that make it through wont be a surprise to anybody. Not sure about the East teams.

The road to Chatt in the East will go through South Pitt as always. Gordonsville and Clay Co will be the other 2 that could make it and then there’s everybody else

I think the West wild card is Moore Co. I know I'm a homer, but they didn't have everyone healthy and back until this past game against Cornersville. MC decided to heal up at the right time. I think MC has one upset in them which could come against McKenzie. Now if they get a 3rd round shot at Fayetteville? Bar the door, Annie! What a great game it would be; although, I'd give the nod to FC in a close one. Good luck to the West side!!! 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I think the West wild card is Moore Co. I know I'm a homer, but they didn't have everyone healthy and back until this past game against Cornersville. MC decided to heal up at the right time. I think MC has one upset in them which could come against McKenzie. Now if they get a 3rd round shot at Fayetteville? Bar the door, Annie! What a great game it would be; although, I'd give the nod to FC in a close one. Good luck to the West side!!! 

Mck. put up 60 on MC last year has their defense improved that much from last year that they can stop this same Rebel offense?

40 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

Mck. put up 60 on MC last year has their defense improved that much from last year that they can stop this same Rebel offense?

Their offense can go toe to toe with them forsure their qb White will be the best player on the field but I don't think they can get enough stops to beat Mckenzie they will give them a slug fest for sure tho.

• Sad 1

I don’t like to say anything negative about any individual player. McKenzie will have 5 or 6 players that are the best athletes on the field.

8 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Their offense can go toe to toe with them forsure their qb White will be the best player on the field but I don't think they can get enough stops to beat Mckenzie they will give them a slug fest for sure tho.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Waker said:

I don’t like to say anything negative about any individual player. McKenzie will have 5 or 6 players that are the best athletes on the field.

Im wasn't trying to knock any of those Mckenzie kids..Taylor, Cassidy, #1, and #3 are all heck of good. They might be better overall athletes but not a better football player if that makes since?. White from Moore co is a different cat he has been the best on the field every game this year. Not sure if you haven't had the chance to see him or not? but if you haven't check him out that kid is special.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

I believe MC is a different animal than last year's team due to a different strategy much like the University of Tenn. The defense is the weak spot. MC moved #6 to QB to try to outscore teams. They hope the defense can possibly get a couple of stops a game and then just try to out score you. I think this game will be extremely different than last year. I'm not delusional tho. I realize McKenzie is the big favorite, but if there was to be a monumental upset within the first two rounds this would be it. 

3 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Im wasn't trying to knock any of those Mckenzie kids..Taylor, Cassidy, #1, and #3 are all heck of good. They might be better overall athletes but not a better football player if that makes since?. White from Moore co is a different cat he has been the best on the field every game this year. Not sure if you haven't had the chance to see him or not? but if you haven't check him out that kid is special.

The MC QB is a heck of a football player that kid is special. 

30 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

The best player on the field? McKenzie will have the best players on the field. The kid with the SEC offers, and that QB are really good. 

McKenzie, Fayettevile, or Peabody is my pick to win the gold ball. Whoever wins the west semifinal should be on cruise control the following week.

In the east.. based on what they returned from 2021.. Gordonsville and Clay County will be hard to beat. SP is the only other team in the east with a shot.

13 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I believe MC is a different animal than last year's team due to a different strategy much like the University of Tenn. The defense is the weak spot. MC moved #6 to QB to try to outscore teams. They hope the defense can possibly get a couple of stops a game and then just try to out score you. I think this game will be extremely different than last year. I'm not delusional tho. I realize McKenzie is the big favorite, but if there was to be a monumental upset within the first two rounds this would be it. 

I get where your coming from.