AP 1A & 2A TOP 10 OCT 25, 2022

Southtowner

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Bigster gonna be real mad

Its ok.No problem with Gordy,Dresden.Just voters are stupid to have McEwen over them with  3 losses and losing to really only 1 quality team.Its ludicrous. Losing to Camden and South Fulton while LC lost to Haywood and Union City.Shows the voters are from middle and east tenn is all.

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

This poll is garbage. Gordonsville waxed Coalfield and are ranked below them. It just goes to show these people don’t have a clue. 

I don't agree with that part of it as well. 

I think Gordonsville could easily be a top 5 team.  Right along with Clay County.  We are fixing to find out.

49 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't agree with that part of it as well. 

I think Gordonsville could easily be a top 5 team.  Right along with Clay County.  We are fixing to find out.

I'm on this Clay County bunch, they look strong on paper. Fayetteville looks like the obvious pick . MASE is the wildcard. Got some CRAZY talented teams in 1a.

13 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

This poll is garbage. Gordonsville waxed Coalfield and are ranked below them. It just goes to show these people don’t have a clue. 

Not that these polls mean much at all anyway.. but I've never understood this one. Why Gville is ranked behind Coalfield after beating them as bad as they did is beyond me

58 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Not that these polls mean much at all anyway.. but I've never understood this one. Why Gville is ranked behind Coalfield after beating them as bad as they did is beyond me

Only reason I’ve come up with is that Gville has 2 losses and one of them was to a not very good Watertown team. But Gordonsville is a much different team now than they were in week 1 and 2. But like you said, polls don’t really mean much anyways. Just something for us to talk about 

My best stab at it...

1. Fayetteville

2. McKenzie

3. Peabody

4. Moore Co

5. S. Pitt

6. MASE

7. Clay Co

8. Gordonsville

9. Dresden

10. Lake Co.

11. Coalfield

My personal opinion is that it gets a little fuzzy after 5 or 6. This is just for my own fun, though...we all know things are going to shake out however, and it can go off the rails real quick on any given day. 

Edited by jtm52k

1.City

2. McKenzie

3. MASE

4. Peabody

5. Clay Co.

6. S.P.

7. Gordy

8. Moore ( They will be top 5 the entirety of next year ) 

9. Lake Co. 

10. Dresden 

1-7 are the only teams that have a realistic chance for hardware this year. If I’m an East team I’ll take a silver ball any day it means you outlasted and had a better season than some heavy hitters from the West.