Playoffs AAA

O3t

1 hour ago, Booger said:

nope...ant hapnin....even if one of the zero region win can halfway warm up for a run...the way T$$AA has allowed and set the the blueblood class playoff run.....you got all the 1 & 2 seeds off for a weeks healin, gettin some legs back and game plannin an extra 7 nights

....so that bad 1-9 team or 0 region win team that shouldnt b contestin tonight is behind the ball so to spoke already...but would be awesome to see a doormat team run ripshaw thru the playoffs hurtin egos and feelins FBfan26

Booger thinkin bad season record FR Catholic squad darn near set that scenario into play either last year or the year before...but that was the last best TN Catholic squad on a field by a long shot...and thinkin that was with only 4 or 5 wins

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I got Ryan and Knoxville Catholic for the dub tonight.  FR coming to the Booger at the Creek next week for the rematch.  Give me Pope over Briarcrest and of course St. Ben looses….Memphis goes 0-4 tonight.  It sucks to be KC…on the road for 13 hours total!

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

I got Ryan and Knoxville Catholic for the dub tonight.  FR coming to the Booger at the Creek next week for the rematch.  Give me Pope over Briarcrest and of course St. Ben looses….Memphis goes 0-4 tonight.  It sucks to be KC…on the road for 13 hours total!

Whoa, Lazarus, I mean PurplePanther back from the dead. How ya been broheim? 

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Been traveling but keeping up with the board. Plus I know y’all are tired of my Rector Rants..LOL.  Since @Booger. Graced us with his words and reminder of the PP meetings I figured it was on right to jump in!

Traveling to Memphis-town tonight? If going, I would hit Central BBQ, which is practically across the street from MUS.

Edited by JRB

Just now, JRB said:

II-AAA Playoffs -- opening round
Knox Catholic at Christian Brothers - I think Memphis in general is down so I'll take Knox Catholic
St. Benedict at McCallie - SBA is the only Catholic school to lose tonight.
Father Ryan at MUS - taking FRHS as I think MUS offense is subpar.
Briarcrest at Pope Prep - taking Pope assuming Kenny is back tonight.

The Irish have a solid run defense. They beat Cane Ridge, who hasn't lost to anybody else in 2022. We'll see how tonight goes. 6p CDT start time in Memphis.

Something I really liked about the old days was how the first couple of rounds usually involved teams that were relatively close geographically.

Look at the tournament tree from the 1992 AAA playoffs, the final season before the TSSAA expanded from three to five classifications. Most teams were 8-2 or better. Of course, they're never going back to this for many reasons, which is too bad. Fun while it lasted, and nobody had to drive from Knoxville to Memphis to play a game.

https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=19920103

21 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

The only thing that can be said is the FATHER RYAN football team is not very good.  When your overall record is 2-8 and your record within your region is 0-5 you should not even be in the playoffs.  This game is nothing more than the T$$AA holding bad teams hostage and forcing them to play games to fill the coffers of the T$$AA

Irish defense held MUS to no TDs until the 4th qtr when the coach did what? You guessed it….pooched the kick and the guy takes it to the Irish 4 when he is pushed out.  Kicked it deep until the 4th.  The genius of the staff is so impactful they should give up coaching and work on molecular chemistry!

the Irish have given up at least 1 special teams TD in 9 of 11 games!

18 hours ago, LouPickney said:

II-AAA Quarterfinals
Christian Brothers at MBA
McCallie at Ensworth
MUS at Baylor
Pope Prep at Brentwood Academy

This will be MUS' first game at Baylor since the 2006 playoffs.

What are the early thoughts on this week's games? 

I'll take:
MBA
McCallie
Baylor
Brentwood Academy