Glencliff Colts (0-9) at Tullahoma Wildcats (3-6)

PercyPeabody

5 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

After I posted, there have been multiple people have posted threads.  As usual there are winners and losers in reclassification. I know everyone is saying  region 5-5A, will be a weak region, but I think all the schools, are happy for  this region, as far as travel,  renewed rivalries, and  for increased attendance. 

I agree with everything you are saying. Travel will be fun and keep the stands packed. Some of these rivalries are/were the best! I gave this region in particular its own thread hoping we get other schools' fans involved. 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:02 PM, MountRushmore1 said:

They will be better because of a weak region next year and a quick exit from Playoffs.

Shelbyville 1-9

Lincoln 1-9

Lawrence Co 6-4

Franklin Co 6-4

Tullahoma 4-6 

Laughable Region

Lin Co was 2-8 but should have won 2 more by blowing late leads. I look for all the teams to be better next year. Especially Tullahoma and Shelbyville 

1 minute ago, Ttown58 said:

Shelbyville has some young running backs, that are going to be real good. Tullahoma's defense  wasn't too bad this year, and should be there strength next year. If they can get there offensive problems fixed, they have the potential to be  better next year.

I’m pretty sure the coaches know that the offense must improve and the coaching. I think they feel really good about not only what they have coming back but a large group of Soph’s who only played sparingly or on JV. Tullahoma will win 8-9 games next season. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScottShasteen said:

Tullahoma's non-region opponents for 2023-24 are Stewarts Creek, Coffee County, Rockvale, and Warren County. All are 6A schools.

What does that matter?  Those are probably the weakest 6A Teams you could schedule.  Those teams didn't want any part of real 6A Teams in non Region.   Those are non region games.  The only game they might win out of those is Warren County.   If they do not win the weak region they are in what happens then? I have always heard every AD has an index card with the next 3 names to hire as the coach in his desk.  I guess now days that would be in your notes on your phone.  How many teams that made it to the State Championship game last year and missed the playoffs this year?  Several are returning to the Championship game.  Some are at home licking their wounds from  lack of control in the locker rooms and weight rooms. RB suspended for last game of the year.  But the excuse will be we are young, facts are they  Probably had more playing time then the starters most the games last year, plus JV games and practice all summer and a big first game win over a 1-10 team on the year.  They should have been better but its all because the kids are young.  

Did they beat a team with a winning record? Shelbyville 1-10, Glencliff 0-10, Hillwood 2-8, Montgomery Central 2-8.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ttown58 said:

I think we all know it is a weak region, but we'll take it,  because it renews  longtime rivalries, reduces travel, and will be beneficial to the schools at the gate. 

We all know, many of these schools in this new region were young, and rebuilding this year. But those teams should be much improved next year, and should be a competitive region . 

They're are a lot of  regions across this state that are weak as well,  this region isn't alone.

Absolutely.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ttown58 said:

I think we all know it is a weak region, but we'll take it,  because it renews  longtime rivalries, reduces travel, and will be beneficial to the schools at the gate. 

We all know, many of these schools in this new region were young, and rebuilding this year. But those teams should be much improved next year, and should be a competitive region . 

There are a lot of  regions across this state that are weak as well,  this region isn't alone.

Sounds like y’all just running

On 11/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, MountRushmore1 said:

What does that matter?  Those are probably the weakest 6A Teams you could schedule.  Those teams didn't want any part of real 6A Teams in non Region.   Those are non region games.  The only game they might win out of those is Warren County.   If they do not win the weak region they are in what happens then? I have always heard every AD has an index card with the next 3 names to hire as the coach in his desk.  I guess now days that would be in your notes on your phone.  How many teams that made it to the State Championship game last year and missed the playoffs this year?  Several are returning to the Championship game.  Some are at home licking their wounds from  lack of control in the locker rooms and weight rooms. RB suspended for last game of the year.  But the excuse will be we are young, facts are they  Probably had more playing time then the starters most the games last year, plus JV games and practice all summer and a big first game win over a 1-10 team on the year.  They should have been better but its all because the kids are young.  

Did they beat a team with a winning record? Shelbyville 1-10, Glencliff 0-10, Hillwood 2-8, Montgomery Central 2-8.  

Telling it like it is. I like it!!

13 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

This post needs to Die. . The season is Over. Let’s look forward to next year and evaluate the future. Hopefully Tullahoma is better. I believe they’ll get back to winning games. 

Thinking about next year, not this year because it is a dead subject.  Will they be better because of the Coaching? Players? or the weak region they play in?  Just a thought since we are talking about next year now.

• Sad 1