Gallatin vs Clarksville

thegreatone36

15 hours ago, eers said:

Maybe it’s a rumor? Maybe it’s speculation? Maybe it’s not… and Becker is the principal. 

I won't pretend to know who makes the final call on scheduling, but I would think it will be tough to keep Beech, Station Camp, and Hendersonville all on the schedule next season with the new regions. I would think the administration will want to keep as many as possible, due to ticket sales. I would hate to see those rivalry games go away. Like it, or not, Beech is the measuring stick in Sumner County now, so you need to beat them for bragging rights. Depending on region groupings, ticket sales could take a big hit next season. If Gallatin gets grouped with the Wilson County schools, they'll bring a crowd, so not that big of a deal. If we get grouped with the Clarksville schools, it will be rough, since they don't travel well. I'd say that is something the AD and coach will look at together.

Before Nothwest and Kenwood opted to move up to 6A, I thought Gallatin would be put with what was the 4 Clarkeville schools, but now there's 6, so I'm thinking that pushed them to the 4 Wilson County schools, plus Cookeville maybe.  Definitely better gates, but also a much tougher region.  Depending on how many region games there are, it really might be difficult to schedule all 3 Sumner schools.  You'd think Station Camp is a given, but the dates might not match up with all 3, while also trying to get an even 5 home and away games.  We'll see.

Station Camp and Hendersonville will be priority but Beech will be close on that list.  It may be tough just depends.  Hendersonville I would think would be too on the list just because of longevity.  Station Camp just because it’s a town rival now.  Beech, that series has been dropped before but was quickly picked back up.  Mt Juliet and Lebanon would be my next two “musts” but they will likely be region games anyway.  I would like to see Springfield back on the schedule at some point.   Nonregion games could get interesting.  Not too many won’t play Gallatin now unlike they used too. 

32 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I don't care who they play next year, if the product on the field isn't any different than it's been it really does not matter. You know how you get a good gate? Good coaching and actually winning football games. 

As you can see with the off topic conversations about Gtown… not sure the fan base is on the same page as you… how? I have no idea other than being kin to Watson.. lol

• Like 1

The answer to getting 8 to 10 regular season wins does not need to come from dropping good teams from the schedule. They haven't ever done that before, and don't need to start now. GET BETTER. I'm sick of people backing up this product on the field. Not talking about people on this board. Just in general, people get moody if you talk about canning the coach. Nobody cut the previous coaches ANY slack before these last two head coaches when they would lose even a game or two. Now, people don't even blink an eye to multiple 5-5 & 4-6 type seasons. If that is going to be the expected product moving forward with no real effort to improve, I'd hope somebody would please just let me know now that way I don't have to no longer watch or care. 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:41 PM, thegreatone36 said:

If I were a fan of another team, I would want Gallatin to keep Watson for as long as possible too. Cause if a coach of high caliber was given the weapons at their disposal, they could quiet a lot of folks. 

Sounds like you got some personal issues with Watson. Watson had a really good year with Gallatin his first year. His last few years haven’t been great but not bad either. I can’t say other then the running back that Gallatin has all kinds of weapons to use. 
I know Gallatin won state a time or two like 30 years ago. But since then they have good years here and there, but for the most part they have been a decent team. 
Beech has been the best team in Sumner County for a long time now. With Liberty Creek opening it’s not going to make it any easier for Gallatin to get back to its glory days. 

Watson did a good job at Northeast before going to Gallatin. Ask anyone it’s hard to succeed at a Clarksville school, that does not have the name Clarksville in it. 

On 10/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

Brother they’re still living in 1980…….

Let’s be real Gallatin has made it to the quarters 3 times in the last 20 something years or so, which is no bad compared to a lot of schools. They haven’t made it to the semis since prob the 90s. I hope Gallatin does good, but it’s no longer the 80s. With more schools opening in Sumner County it’s going to be hard to get back to old Gallatin. 

1 hour ago, GatorBodine3 said:

Sounds like you got some personal issues with Watson. Watson had a really good year with Gallatin his first year. His last few years haven’t been great but not bad either. I can’t say other then the running back that Gallatin has all kinds of weapons to use. 
I know Gallatin won state a time or two like 30 years ago. But since then they have good years here and there, but for the most part they have been a decent team. 
Beech has been the best team in Sumner County for a long time now. With Liberty Creek opening it’s not going to make it any easier for Gallatin to get back to its glory days. 

Watson did a good job at Northeast before going to Gallatin. Ask anyone it’s hard to succeed at a Clarksville school, that does not have the name Clarksville in it. 

Let's all have some of what you're smoking. Last few years haven't been bad? seriously?? Looking back to his first year, he had a much better DC running things on that side and that guy is now a head coach elsewhere. Defense is swiss cheese since then. Offensively they are too simple, and too easy to defend. Nothing about what is going on up there is good from a on field success standpoint, and it's only getting worse. And just because everybody remains silent about that doesn't mean others are going to. It's crap. Call it what it is. 

4 hours ago, GatorBodine3 said:

Not sure how losing seasons are considered not bad. It could also be argued that the first year their was Williams seniors and what he had going. That team had senior leadership and loads of talent. I would say they would have been at least as good that year had Williams remained. Unless they win 3 games in the playoffs, this will be three losing seasons in a row. You can dress that up however you want to, but at the end of the day, it’s not good.