Gallatin vs Clarksville

thegreatone36

As a GHS alum, supporter, and someone who has been attending Green Wave games for at least 40 years, it is sad to see what a once dominant program has become. Several factors have played into this, but the past decade has been tough to watch. I know there are several Green Wave supporters who post here, but the overall interest in the program has definitely waned. Look no further than the stands at a Friday night home game, and the attendance is probably half of what it was in the 80's & 90's. Family members, students, and die-hard fans are still there, but the casual fans aren't showing up anymore, for whatever reason. The lack of success on the field plays a large part in it, I'm sure. I don't know what the fix is, or if there is one, but I would love to see the Green Wave back on top. I'll continue to support GHS athletics, because I bleed Green & Gold, and my daughter will soon be participating there. But, it would be awesome to see us have a dominant football program again. It just brings so much excitement to the school and town.

55 minutes ago, JPlunkett77 said:

As a GHS alum, supporter, and someone who has been attending Green Wave games for at least 40 years, it is sad to see what a once dominant program has become. Several factors have played into this, but the past decade has been tough to watch. I know there are several Green Wave supporters who post here, but the overall interest in the program has definitely waned. Look no further than the stands at a Friday night home game, and the attendance is probably half of what it was in the 80's & 90's. Family members, students, and die-hard fans are still there, but the casual fans aren't showing up anymore, for whatever reason. The lack of success on the field plays a large part in it, I'm sure. I don't know what the fix is, or if there is one, but I would love to see the Green Wave back on top. I'll continue to support GHS athletics, because I bleed Green & Gold, and my daughter will soon be participating there. But, it would be awesome to see us have a dominant football program again. It just brings so much excitement to the school and town.

True statement