MEMORABLE "4 SEED 1 SEED" UPSETS IN 1A AND 2A

GeneralForrest

43 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

I wouldn't call a 3 over a 2 an upset in most cases. It's very plausible that a region can have three of the four best teams in a section of the bracket. Clay County was a 3 seed going to Copper Basin two years ago and won 21-0 because Copper Basin was playing their backup running back and third string QB. That definitely was not an upset.

Agree 3 over a 2 not that big a deal. 

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

Monterey only had two playoff wins in program history up to that point and both of those came in 2014 when they went to the semifinals. Not to mention, they barely won their last two games that season as well. It wasn't as big of a shock to see them go down in that game given their lackluster play to end the season and lack of success and experience in the postseason.

It says the most memoriable lol that was the most to me! Guess cause I’m from there! Either way it was very disappointing! My son was on the team that went to semi. 

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

2018 Stratford 2-8 regular season record.

made it all the way to the semifinals and took Covington to the wire coming up short in that game I believe 14-20! Very impressive post season. Never heard of anything like it.

And I also believe that was the Covington team that almost took down Alcoa!!

I know it’s not 1A or 2A but I had to mention it.

Edited by vandyfan1

Just now, Southtowner said:

3A.  2005.

Livingston Academy a 4 seed defeats 1 seed Knoxville Carter in the 1st round.  

Then defeats #2 seed Austin East 2nd round.

Defeats #1 seed Knox Catholic 3rd round.

Defeats #1 seed Notre Dame 4th round.

Defeats #1 seed David Lipscomb for the title.

Well that tops my post of a 3A team!

13 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

Monterey only had two playoff wins in program history up to that point and both of those came in 2014 when they went to the semifinals. Not to mention, they barely won their last two games that season as well. It wasn't as big of a shock to see them go down in that game given their lackluster play to end the season and lack of success and experience in the postseason.

That 2014 Monterey team was out for blood, they had the bye the year before in ‘13 , ran for almost 400 yards and lost to a #6 seed Fayetteville city (1st year in existence) who also knocked off #3 defending champs Gordy in the first round on the road

edit: that was the first Fayetteville team to get their lunch money taken by south Pittsburg. 

Edited by HasbeenOrNeverwas