MEMORABLE "4 SEED 1 SEED" UPSETS IN 1A AND 2A

GeneralForrest

21 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

2018 Stratford 2-8 regular season record.

made it all the way to the semifinals and took Covington to the wire coming up short in that game I believe 14-20! Very impressive post season. Never heard of anything like it.

Was that the team that had that work horse of a running back. Carried the ball like 40 totes a game. 

36 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Was that the team that had that work horse of a running back. Carried the ball like 40 totes a game. 

Not sure but I believe head coach got fired or something after the last game of regular season and assistant coach took over and motivated them boys. I could be way off but  I think that’s  what I read. 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Patric Willis was from Bruceton/Hollow Rock and played at Ole Miss... had to be someone else.

That’s right great LB that UT didn’t offer a scholarship and I heard he would’ve walk to Knoxville if they had offered. Fulmer passed on several in state players like Randall Cobb of Alcoa that turned out to be big mistakes. Patrick Turner is the player I was trying to remember from Goodpasture that went on to play at USC .

5 hours ago, LEON said:

In 2005 East Robertson a 1 seed lost to 4 seed Richland 12-7. Ironically the Indians won the Region that was loaded with private schools ,  they defeated Goodpasture for the Region title who went on to the Championship losing to Alcoa ,if I remember correctly Patrick Willis ? was on that team and went on to sign with USC.

Please don’t bring this memory up. Richland held the ball forever and we couldn’t get the ball in Tiko Andrews hands who was by far the best player in any field he stepped on that year besides Turner. We panicked that game and played horrible in the second half. I still don’t understand how we beat a runner up goodpasture team with the best player in the country but loose to Richland and Jo Byrns that year. Talk about a team that underachieved

14 hours ago, LEON said:

That’s right great LB that UT didn’t offer a scholarship and I heard he would’ve walk to Knoxville if they had offered. Fulmer passed on several in state players like Randall Cobb of Alcoa that turned out to be big mistakes. Patrick Turner is the player I was trying to remember from Goodpasture that went on to play at USC .

Not trying to be a jerk but Patrick Willis played for bruceton and played at Ole Miss

In 1996 Camden went to Memphis Briarcrest as a 4 seed. Briarcrest was 10-0, #1 seed, and sitting at home.  Camden pulled off the 27-13 upset over Hugh Freeze's team and went to Loretto the next week and got bounced. Still a good way to end the season after going through a tough region schedule. I know the 4's over 1's are far flung, but it can happen. Then later on they made a movie, and we went duck hunting. Our region was: Huntingdon, Trenton, Westview, UC, McKenzie, Halls, and Middleton. End of true story. Go Lions! 

Edited by @38320