Unaka vs Greenback Rd. 1

creekerballer

38 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Congrats to Unaka!! Very well deserved win on the GB game. I wish u luck on the rest of your season.

That's being said this greenback (coach) is awful. One of the worse coaches i ve ever seen.   The kids that he has right now deserve a better coach.  I asked the AD what was you all seeing when u hired this coach and was told " he checked all the boxes". WHAT BOXES!!!!! As far as i m concern the whole coaching staff is a let down.  This teams fundamentals are awful. If you do not have fundamentals u have nothing. One both sides of the ball. Some say its the kids.(The current principal) WRONG.  The current junior class has won 4 superbowls national champuonship rocky top tournament, and a blount county championship beating Maryville and Alcoa teams. The Freshman class was superbowl runners up there last year in rec losing to Maryville. YOU CAN NOT TELL ITS BECAUSE OF THE KIDS!!!!!.  But when you go into the game and only have 3 plays to call.  Your beat before you step on to the field. There is no relationship between the kids and the coach.  There is no fire in this coach.  He does not stand up for his players on the field and they r a very undisplined team. Until greenback gets rid of this coach Greenback will be down for years to come.  I absoulty hate it for this junior and freshman class.

Mike Casteel hired his buddy as he’s on his way out. The AD has no coaching experience and had no idea what was needed for the position so relied on Casteel, he gave her bad advice to help out his pal. The coach got canned at union county for playing a kid who was not cleared medically, he was over his head and torpedoed the program at Sweetwater before he “voluntarily” left the HC job for the strength and conditioning coach. The only boxes he checked was the AD needed a coach and Casteel said hire him. There were some very qualified candidates with proven records as HC’s that got the buddy system stuck squarely in their rear and now Casteel is retiring in a few more weeks and GB is left to sort out his mess. 

Edited by crow
  • Thanks 1

I want to congratulate Unaka on a great win. You deserve it. Even after 175 yards in penalties you still whipped out butts. 
   I was so mad last night to see a head coach fuss at a player for a play he called. One of y’all’s people said it best. You can tell the offensive coach don’t know how to prepare for a game because we were playing into their strengths. Their coaches and players were calling our plays before we ran them. I hope we get rid of this guy before he kills our program like coaches have done at other schools. 

Will the new principal have the nerve to do what needs to be done for this school and all of the sports programs?  One big obstacle is heading out the door leaving a train wreck behind. The athletic director has always been terrible she should be replaced with someone that knows what they are doing?  And lastly the coach has not read enough books on how to be a successful coach. The kids definitely deserve better. 

5 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I admit i didn’t see the game. But was the score indicative of the difference btw the teams. Was Unaka a 3 TD favorite?

The way we played last night they could have been a 5 TD favorite.We throw a pick on the 3 yard line trying to throw a WR screen in which we telegraphed the throw.We looked at the player getting the ball everytime.The D knew what play we were going to run based on our set. I made the statement earlier in the year that a blind man could play defense against our offense because we do the same thing over and over.I wish we would have just went to a power I under center and ran it right at them.BUT we DO NOT even have a set under center at all.He has no ability to change his offense at all.

13 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I admit i didn’t see the game. But was the score indicative of the difference btw the teams. Was Unaka a 3 TD favorite?

Unaka should of won by more. If you take away all the stupid penalties we committed there may have been a running clock. With that said, Greenback players skill wasn’t the big difference. The game plan was terrible and their coaches refused to stick with anything they had success with. They continued to play into Unaka’s strengths the entire game. 

Edited by creekerballer

12 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

To answer the question without an answer from a pissed off Cherokee.NO Unaka is not that much better than us player to player.The guy coaching is what makes the difference. 

1 minute ago, creekerballer said:

Unaka should of won by more. If you take away all the stupid penalties we committed there may have been a running clock. With that said, Greenback players skill wasn’t the big difference. The game plan was terrible and their coaches refused to stick with anything they had success with. They continued to play into Unaka’s strengths the entire game. 

Good answer.

5 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Good Analysis. . It appears that Unaka shoulda won convincingly. Maybe Mercy Rule except for A LOT of stupid penalties and the Coach at Greenback not calling the right plays. My takeaway is that Unaka was just a better team and better coached. 

I would word it Unaka was The better Coached team.They like most teams we played worked with a very short field most of the night.