West TN Rural Top 10 Rd 1 Playoff Edition

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Idk if it makes you feel better but gut told me before the game whoever lost will win the rematch 

Don’t me wrong Lewis deservingly won their coach had some stones to call that 4th&2 73 yd double pass play with 3 mins left in the game down 7 

but I feel we left wasted opportunities on the field on offense 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1 Haywood 10-0

T2 Munford 10-0

T2 Henry Co 8-2

4 McKenzie 10-0

5 USJ 9-1

6 Westview 8-2

7 Huntingdung 8-2

8 Covington 8-2

9 Union City 8-2

10 Peabody 8-2

Outside Looking In- Riverside (8-2), Lexington (7-3), Milan (7-3), JCS (8-1), Lake Co (7-3), South Gibson (6-4), Dresden (8-2), Hardin Co (6-4), Dyersburg (6-4)

So Munford had to work to beat Memphis Central while Henry Co destroyed another opponent. I think a match up between these two may happen in a couple more weeks. McKenzie looked mortal against McEwen in a 21-6 win. Can someone elaborate on what happened?  I will continue the poll thru the playoffs so we can see who is the best in West TN for the 2022 season. 

WTF kinda ranking is that? Region among all classes? Total Nonsense 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1 Haywood 10-0

T2 Munford 10-0

T2 Henry Co 8-2

4 McKenzie 10-0

5 USJ 9-1

6 Westview 8-2

7 Huntingdung 8-2

8 Covington 8-2

9 Union City 8-2

10 Peabody 8-2

Outside Looking In- Riverside (8-2), Lexington (7-3), Milan (7-3), JCS (8-1), Lake Co (7-3), South Gibson (6-4), Dresden (8-2), Hardin Co (6-4), Dyersburg (6-4)

So Munford had to work to beat Memphis Central while Henry Co destroyed another opponent. I think a match up between these two may happen in a couple more weeks. McKenzie looked mortal against McEwen in a 21-6 win. Can someone elaborate on what happened?  I will continue the poll thru the playoffs so we can see who is the best in West TN for the 2022 season. 

Pretty spot on. Still think HC will handle Munford but Munford deserves to be over them for going 10-0.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

WTF kinda ranking is that? Region among all classes? Total Nonsense 

It is for the exact reason you responded. To start conversation. It may be a bit too much for you to comprehend. For the most part it’s been pretty spot on all season. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Waker said:

It is for the exact reason you responded. To start conversation. It may be a bit too much for you to comprehend. For the most part it’s been pretty spot on all season. 

I guess i misunderstood what the poster was trying to accomplish. The best teams in the region regardless of class. I think it’s a great idea. I think there’s already a state power ranking that does pretty much the same thing. 
Educate me if I’m missing something. I admit I’m not the smartest guy on this thread. Thanks 

Edited by IPOPU2022
typo

14 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I guess i misunderstood what the poster was trying to accomplish. The best teams in the region regardless of class. I think it’s a great idea. I think there’s already a state power ranking that does pretty much the same thing. 
Educate me if I’m missing something. I admit I’m not the smartest guy on this thread. Thanks 

The poll is just something for us West TN guys to have conversation about and discuss our area teams. It includes all the schools in west tn outside of Shelby co. Who are the best teams regardless of class. It’s a good way to draw attention to our kids and programs. It’s interesting to see how this poll has chang d every week. 

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The poll is just something for us West TN guys to have conversation about and discuss our area teams. It includes all the schools in west tn outside of Shelby co. Who are the best teams regardless of class. It’s a good way to draw attention to our kids and programs. It’s interesting to see how this poll has chang d every week. 

I appreciate the info. . How does McKenzie really stack up against the best teams in the area. I’m “asking for a friend in Fayetteville”

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I appreciate the info. . How does McKenzie really stack up against the best teams in the area. I’m “asking for a friend in Fayetteville”

McKenzie is a very good team. They have cruised their the year virtually unchallenged. Destroyed Huntingdung early in the year and Dresden later in the year. They have very balanced offensively with the run game and the pass. Cassidy the qb is also a threat to run with it. McKenzie doesn’t have the depth that the top 3 in the poll have so I don’t believe they could beat any of those 3 but you never know. The only thing that gives me pause about McKenzie is the 21-7 win over McEwen last week. Nevertheless I believe they will have a great game with Fayetteville in rd 3. 

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

McKenzie is a very good team. They have cruised their the year virtually unchallenged. Destroyed Huntingdung early in the year and Dresden later in the year. They have very balanced offensively with the run game and the pass. Cassidy the qb is also a threat to run with it. McKenzie doesn’t have the depth that the top 3 in the poll have so I don’t believe they could beat any of those 3 but you never know. The only thing that gives me pause about McKenzie is the 21-7 win over McEwen last week. Nevertheless I believe they will have a great game with Fayetteville in rd 3. 

Spot on.  McEwen game.  26 plays us to their 71 plays.  We scored when we had the football.  We didn't touch it in the 4th quarter.