Halls 2-8 visits Daniel Boone 10-0 1st round

BarneySox2007

21 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Oak Ridge does not have a losing record.  Cats are finally healthy, ready to make a run. which probably ends at Powell, but finally putting it all together.  

I was going by the tssaa standings.  Oddly they only have 9 games entered there...  THat new AD must be slipping.

12 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Seen where Boone’s K / P is nominated for Mr Football. Watched him a couple times…very deserving. He’s a huge weapon  

The kid has a leg! Watched some of the Crockett game. Boone scored and celebrated a little too much. On the the next kick off they were penalized 15 yds, then were offsides on the kick and backed up 5 more. He still kicked it down to around the 5 yd. line. He also punts the ball very well. Hope he has attended some camps. Someone will be getting a good one!

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

The kid has a leg! Watched some of the Crockett game. Boone scored and celebrated a little too much. On the the next kick off they were penalized 15 yds, then were offsides on the kick and backed up 5 more. He still kicked it down to around the 5 yd. line. He also punts the ball very well. Hope he has attended some camps. Someone will be getting a good one!

A good kicker is worth their weight in gold. I see so many teams give up 25 to 30 yards a possession by letting little Billy kick on the side at practice with no coaching at all while the coach says just do it.

16 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Seen where Boone’s K / P is nominated for Mr Football. Watched him a couple times…very deserving. He’s a huge weapon  

Those don't even make any sense to me.  The kid from Catholic is 7/7 on fg's and not nominated, but the boone kid is and he's 5/8.  The kid from Lausanne is 6/11 and I think he's the favorite.  The worst part is you could pick this apart at every classification too.  Other than Bishop, I don't think theres a clear favorite.  Feel like the writers just nominate the local kids they know with no rhyme or reason.

16 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Those don't even make any sense to me.  The kid from Catholic is 7/7 on fg's and not nominated, but the boone kid is and he's 5/8.  The kid from Lausanne is 6/11 and I think he's the favorite.  The worst part is you could pick this apart at every classification too.  Other than Bishop, I don't think theres a clear favorite.  Feel like the writers just nominate the local kids they know with no rhyme or reason.

Agreed…the Boone kid is nominated more so for punter and his kickoffs but I see what you’re saying. There was a ton of deserving kids left off all lists. Needs to be a better way 

3 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Agreed…the Boone kid is nominated more so for punter and his kickoffs but I see what you’re saying. There was a ton of deserving kids left off all lists. Needs to be a better way 

and I'm not running that boy down. I've never even seen him play.  Just those came out yesterday, and I couldn't believe some the silliness.