Mr Football Semifinalist 1A

Doc931

So people really think we don’t know the west is a whole lot stronger than the east? The west has several teams capable of winning the gold ball. I remember back in the day of the alphabet schools when the east had 10 teams better than anyone in the west and would win in the finals by huge margins. 

I went back and looked through the years. It seems they typically try to represent the whole state in the Mr. Football deal. I guess they thought the SP kid was the best representative in the east. 

Only one team in the west will make it to Chattanooga to represent. Clay,SP, or Gordonsville will represent the east. Someone will be a 3 TD underdog. I believe that’s been established and we understand. It looks like they have tried to represent the state as a whole in this Mr. Football list.  Also, who all votes on the nominees?

Peyton Manning didn’t win the Heisman, and Eddie Moore didn’t win Mr. Football so there’s that.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

There are plenty of 8-2 teams out there. I know you think it's special cuz sp did it but you guys have a tendency to think something is better because they're in black and orange. We've been over this.

Here’s where you are wrong. We don’t think a 2 loss regular season is special . To us, that’s a letdown. But what we  do along with a few other teams across the state is consistently make it past the first couple rounds regardless of our record . It’s obvious your envy exceeds your knowledge. 

Best of luck to all young men on this list and to those who were worthy but didn’t get nominated, prove the voters wrong on the field in the playoffs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

So people really think we don’t know the west is a whole lot stronger than the east? The west has several teams capable of winning the gold ball. 

Only one team in the west will make it to Chattanooga to represent. Clay,SP, or Gordonsville will represent the east. Someone will be a 3 TD underdog. I believe that’s been established and we understand. It looks like they have tried to represent the state as a whole in this Mr. Football list.  Also, who all votes on the nominees?

Not on topic, but...I'd still be concerned about the East's 3 TD "underdog" that makes it to Chatt. Pretty sure S Pitt was in that chair last year.

On topic, good post. The best football player might not win the award. And unfortunately, we get upset, and we can rant on this board but we shouldn't be attacking the kids or each other. We didn't vote. 

Edited by jtm52k
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Apparently it is. Sorry ST I just straight up don't believe y'all have one (sometimes two) of the best 5 players year after year. SP is a great program and a but it's pretty ridiculous. 

Actually, SP doesn't have one or two year in and year out.  Furthermore, there were times when SP had a player that was quantum leaps ahead and didn't even make it . . . i.e. Robert Robinson 2007 and Eddie Moore 1998. Kelley didn't get it last year, but go back and look at the Title Game etc. and get back to us on it.

13 hours ago, Varo said:

The only way you'll see them in Chattanooga will be in the stands, watching the game.  Surviving the West bracket is championship enough.

That's no more true than winning the east is enough.  Otherwise Trousdale or SP would have 3 more gold balls following the 6 times they played with the winner getting the gold and loser sitting home. Then there were the times SP and TC had to go through numerous alphabet schools to get there.  Gor that matter, 2020 when you guys got it and last year when SP got it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Why do y'all act like games can't be seen on nfhs? He's a good player but there's a half dozen better on this side of the state. You may not like to hear that but it's true 

SP isn't on NFHS often.  This year they were just once this year against a team that could beat any top 10 1a and 2a team in the state this year.  Last year we got clobbered in the 2nd half by a team that could beat any of the top ten teams in any class, Oakland. The 8 - 2 schtick doesn't hold up.

Edited by rlh

16 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

Not on topic, but...I'd still be concerned about the East's 3 TD "underdog" that makes it to Chatt. Pretty sure S Pitt was in that chair last year.

On topic, good post. The best football player might not win the award. And unfortunately, we get upset, and we can rant on this board but we shouldn't be attacking the kids or each other. We didn't vote. 

Great post and I agree with you. People are on here ranting and going nuts. I’ve seen this same thing happen time after time through the years.  We have had a lot of kids nominated, but not a ton of them win. The ignorant statements about “sponsors” and such suggest nothing more than a hater. Every year there is debate of why one kid didn’t get nominated or why a kid didn’t win the award. Maybe SP benefits by constantly being one of the best programs in the east. If that’s the case we don’t need to apologize, but grown folks firing shots at children is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rlh said:

That's no more true than winning the east is enough.  Otherwise Trousdale or SP would have 3 more gold balls following the 6 times they played with the winner getting the gold and loser sitting home. Then there were the times SP and TC had to go through numerous alphabet schools to get there.  Gor that matter, 2020 when you guys got it and last year when SP got it.

Those were some great games and at the time they had to go through CPA, DCA, FRA, BGA, Friendship, etc. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Best programs best players make the accolades. Some more than others. If y’all want to start having more make Mr Football just starting winning more. It’s really that simple. The Heisman isn’t given to the best player but to the best player on one of the top teams. Several kids could’ve made it including Willoughby but didn’t. I’m just keeping it real

Yep, yep, yep. That's exactly right. Mr Football nominations, fan numbers, booster money, etc, etc, etc, it all comes down to one thing. Winning. High school, college, everywhere.

Congrats to all the young men of the list and many more that were close. Keep showing them on the field you should have been on the list.

2 hours ago, BBRaider said:

Update! he scored 2 of the 5 converted Extra Pts. Was on the field as Wild Tiger QB on all but 1 of the 6 attempts scored twice and handed it off 3times 

For someone to apparently be a “Moore County” fan…you seem to be a little obsessed with #9 from Fayetteville. It is depressing to see a grown man belittle a child, especially when it comes to a child being recognized for doing something GREAT. Not only him but also any other child you have talked down on. I’ve seen your posts, comments, and deleted posts and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion but you should not criticize a young adult/child who is trying to make a name for themselves in a positive way. smh. 

10 minutes ago, Unknown344 said:

For someone to apparently be a “Moore County” fan…you seem to be a little obsessed with #9 from Fayetteville. It is depressing to see a grown man belittle a child, especially when it comes to a child being recognized for doing something GREAT. Not only him but also any other child you have talked down on. I’ve seen your posts, comments, and deleted posts and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion but you should not criticize a young adult/child who is trying to make a name for themselves in a positive way. smh. 

1st I was simply asked my opinion on who I though got in that shouldn't over #6 and I gave it 

A Fayetteville fan then brought it upon himself to belittle my guy so you bet ima bring it back I am that petty 100% I AINT THE ONE. I'll tell it to your straight and not sugar coat anything you act like these are 9-10 yr old kids  

Yall can all sit in a circle hold hands a sing cume-by-yay all ya want When I see BS im continue to call it out.

Edited by BBRaider