Elizabethton vs Anderson County

BigDaddyDave

I post for various reasons. I am always glad to have any Mav support from all Mav supporters. It passion and they bring something to the table. I Get lonesome and I get beat up too. But I have a passion that someday the Mavs will win the State. It would not matter if they never win it again! Passion for my nephew. I think he deserves it but that doesn't win championships as I have found out over the years. So we try again this year. And above all I have deepest respect for Betsy. But 1 week out of the year we have to put away the peace pipe and pick up the bow and arrows. When it's all said and done we live to fight another day and shake hands, again year after years.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I post for various reasons. I am always glad to have any Mav support from all Mav supporters. It passion and they bring something to the table. I Get lonesome and I get beat up too. But I have a passion that someday the Mavs will win the State. It would not matter if they never win it again! Passion for my nephew. I think he deserves it but that doesn't win championships as I have found out over the years. So we try again this year. And above all I have deepest respect for Betsy. But 1 week out of the year we have to put away the peace pipe and pick up the bow and arrows. When it's all said and done we live to fight another day and shake hands, again year after years.

Well said. If Betsy can't beat AC, then I will be pulling for you guys to bring back the Gold ball. I do think that Greenville is the best team on this end of the state and it will be a tall order for either the Cyclones or the Mavs next week. But that is why we play the games. Anything can happen. I'm interested to see how Betsy handles the Mav running game with their new defensive scheme and personnel. I'm also curious if Betsy can throw the  ball with success like they have been. I think this game will be just as competitive as their first meeting and I can't wait to watch it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigPapi said:

Well said. If Betsy can't beat AC, then I will be pulling for you guys to bring back the Gold ball. I do think that Greenville is the best team on this end of the state and it will be a tall order for either the Cyclones or the Mavs next week. But that is why we play the games. Anything can happen. I'm interested to see how Betsy handles the Mav running game with their new defensive scheme and personnel. I'm also curious if Betsy can throw the  ball with success like they have been. I think this game will be just as competitive as their first meeting and I can't wait to watch it. 

It was a tall order for Elizabethton last year against Greeneville and for Nolensville against Tullahoma in 2020. Everyone say it with me, “That’s why we play the game!” And that’s why I love football on the high school level.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BigPapi said:

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

It was a tall order for Elizabethton last year against Greeneville and for Nolensville against Tullahoma in 2020. Everyone say it with me, “That’s why we play the game!” And that’s why I love football on the high school level.

I think this will be a good game Friday night. I am sure Greeneville will be ready for AC or Betsy. I will be pulling for Betsy too if they take down the Mavs. However I'd Greenevilles wins East again I will be most certainly pulling for the Devil's. But anything can happen and your right that's why we play the game. Any given Friday night with teams this close, anyone has the chance to win. So many variables.

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think this will be a good game Friday night. I am sure Greeneville will be ready for AC or Betsy. I will be pulling for Betsy too if they take down the Mavs. However I'd Greenevilles wins East again I will be most certainly pulling for the Devil's. But anything can happen and your right that's why we play the game. Any given Friday night with teams this close, anyone has the chance to win. So many variables.

I’m SORRY i can’t pull for the Devils. How does a team put up 70 consistently against 3A Teams the past 5+yrs?  You can’t tell me your JV just ran up the middle in the 2nd Half. I don’t buy it. Greenville will hopefully get a dose of their own medicine for their Totally Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Go anyone but the Devils. And beat them SOUNDLY. 

29 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m SORRY i can’t pull for the Devils. How does a team put up 70 consistently against 3A Teams the past 5+yrs?  You can’t tell me your JV just ran up the middle in the 2nd Half. I don’t buy it. Greenville will hopefully get a dose of their own medicine for their Totally Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Go anyone but the Devils. And beat them SOUNDLY. 

I will say I have complained about that too, for years as well. Just pulling for the East.

Elizabethton won’t bring as many as usual. Look at last 3 home games. I know home side regular season is sold out but the Volunteer and Seymour games a lot didn’t show and the Carter playoff game I know the band was not going to perform so that takes out a lot but still a low crowd. 

13 minutes ago, Tab said:

Elizabethton won’t bring as many as usual. Look at last 3 home games. I know home side regular season is sold out but the Volunteer and Seymour games a lot didn’t show and the Carter playoff game I know the band was not going to perform so that takes out a lot but still a low crowd. 

Same year always negative crap by you. Let’s see Seymour was a Thursday night. And when you play teams a third grade pee wee team could beat not many people want to watch that.  Elizabethton will travel well

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Tell me you're ignorant without telling me you’re  ignorant.  Tell me the last 3a team Greeneville has played? (I know the answer and we didn't put up 70 against them and the 3a team before that was Alcoa)  Were you at these games and actually saw who played?  Go check a schedule before you start running your mouth and at least learn how to spell GreenEville if you're going to trash talk us. 

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3