Elizabethton vs Anderson County

BigDaddyDave

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Agreed. There’s never been a better opportunity for them. BUT, the pressure will be huge. Betsy looses, nobody bats an eye. AC looses, that sting will hurt them for an eternity. I’m sure Greeneville hasn’t forgotten that hurt from last season. And probably never will. It will be an interesting game. 

Your speaking nothing but truth, BigDaddy.

12 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I may be out numbered in this battle of words and post but Mavs aren't letting Betsy leave Clinton with a win come this Friday Night. One of the best coach in the state, Gillum won't let this happen! I am pretty darn confident on this one!

Mav, first, congratulations on your win. Secondly I’m a little confused re: Coach Gillum. If he won’t allow it this time, why has he allowed it in the past?

Edited by noonesfool
I
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I may be out numbered in this battle of words and post but Mavs aren't letting Betsy leave Clinton with a win come this Friday Night. One of the best coach in the state, Gillum won't let this happen! I am pretty darn confident on this one!

How by many Gold Balls does that coach of your have Mav?

Thanks Noons! 

22 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Mav, first, congratulations on your win. Secondly I’m a little confused re: Coach Gillum. If he won’t allow it this time, why has he allowed it in the past?

Thanks Noon! This is 2022 it's a different year. Lol Not sure he allowed it last year but it happened. Just remembered QB was out. Lol I am blowing smoke you know me. Watching Betsy now they are feisty but I don't see that punch that everyone thinks they have. I mean honestly if we have two powerful RB a great offensive line and aerial assault with state semifinalist QB Martinez it's hard to fathom Betsy beating that. Our defense appears to be some better than last year, not good enough, but especially when Betsy throws up the long corner end zone pass. ( Betsy likes that pass haha). No I think it  will be a good game IMO I just think the Mavs have too much fire power and the game is at home which I would think means a lot for momentum. It just all adds up to me. However We can't get complacent and Betsy could just as easily pull off the upset under the right circumstances.

This will be a good game, maybe a great game.

If AC can get up and force Elizabethton to play from behind they have a good chance to win.  That takes some pressure off the defensive line to play against a grind it out, run first offense.  That plays into AC strength.  Elizabethton does have,  or at least did in our first meeting,  a great deep fade pass.  They had 2 or 3 really big plays off that pass.  When I say it was pretty, it was 2 or 3 of the best pass plays I've ever seen at any HS game ever. It was covered well, just great execution.  If they can duplicate that,  they can absolutely win.  

I do think the pass rush from AC will be better this time around so that may be something to pay attention to. 

How is the QB from Elizabethton on scrambling?  I know in our first meeting they played 2 guys at QB. Have they settled on one guy or do they still rotate?  Anyone from Elizabethton say? 

Edited by FormerMav

You all talk about 2 RBs but only 1 can run the ball at a time. Not worried. This will be an excellent game for sure. I'm sure it will have a decently high score. However it won't go to OT. Offensively EHS has finally found it. Defensively we are now 100% so it won't be the same Defense you all saw earlier. We also have offensive weapons and while you might have an edge in the power rb area we got the speed advantage and speed kills. Obviously I'll be picking EHS but I expect a good game for sure. 

EHS: 49

AC: 48

12 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

This will be a good game, maybe a great game.

If AC can get up and force Elizabethton to play from behind they have a good chance to win.  That takes some pressure off the defensive line to play against a grind it out, run first offense.  That plays into AC strength.  Elizabethton does have,  or at least did in our first meeting,  a great deep fade pass.  They had 2 or 3 really big plays off that pass.  When I say it was pretty, it was 2 or 3 of the best pass plays I've ever seen at any HS game ever. It was covered well, just great execution.  If they can duplicate that,  they can absolutely win.  

I do think the pass rush from AC will be better this time around so that may be something to pay attention to. 

How is the QB from Elizabethton on scrambling?  I know in our first meeting they played 2 guys at QB. Have they settled on one guy or do they still rotate?  Anyone from Elizabethton say? 

Good post. Betsy does not want to play from behind. However, if Betsy can shut down (even somewhat) the AC run I think advantage goes to the black and orange. They can let it rip up front and they have a bunch of ball hawkers at the third level.

Edited by noonesfool

As usual, I’m going with this; whoever controls the LOS, wins the game. Can you run the ball effectively? Can the line give the QB time to throw? Can you stop the run? Can you make the QB uncomfortable and force quick throws or bad decisions? Will special teams be more of a factor? Ball control, field position, playing penalty free football, limiting turnovers or causing them. These are keys to every game. But these are things I’ve watched E-Town improve upon ever since the first AC meeting. I’m a homer. Betsy 44 - AC 35