Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

31 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

A thought has accrued to me... Is this the furthest Springfield has had to travel for a playoff game? I know about 30 yrs ago they traveled to Trezvant but I think Munford is further.

33 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

A thought has accrued to me... Is this the furthest Springfield has had to travel for a playoff game? I know about 30 yrs ago they traveled to Trezvant but I think Munford is further.

In 1991 the Jackets went to Memphis Ridgeway in qtr finals winning 27-13 , the wind was unbelievable that game , I remember we ran a toss sweep and ball went backwards down field. We played at home against Trezavent in 1993 also in qtr final winning on our way to winning State Championship..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

1991 quarterfinals Jackets won @ Memphis Ridgeway.

Lost @ home to Brenwood Academy in the semi game. 

Micheal Thomas and Chico Gardner were in the backfield, most stacked Springfield team ever. 

19 minutes ago, NoPuntIntended said:

New to the "T", but I have been somewhat following Munford this season. I'm wondering what Springfield fans see in the cougars that makes you think this game will be one sided favoring Springfield? 

their pass defense is very mediocre...they do run several different looks but everyone has thrown the ball well on them. Their run defense is a little better but not great. Honestly they have not played anyone very good with the exception of Covington early in the year. That region is very weak and to see a team that got dog walked by the top 2 teams in our region go and beat the 2 seed which Munford barely beat is kind of shocking. Munford definitely has 3 play makers. What i find amazing is memphis central qb wins player of the region but the munford rb is a mr football finalist. Not taking anything away from munfords back he is a real talent.  Just watching film this game has a potential to not even be close. Now with that being said its a long travel game and springfield was extremely flat in their 27-7 win over memphis central last week, so its playoffs and anything can happen. But Wilson i believe has lost 1 playoff game west of dickson in his career so he should have no problem getting the ready. Hoping for an exciting game...i just hope the boys are not looking forward to next week and a rematch with HC and not handle business in front of them. 

9 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

their pass defense is very mediocre...they do run several different looks but everyone has thrown the ball well on them. Their run defense is a little better but not great. Honestly they have not played anyone very good with the exception of Covington early in the year. That region is very weak and to see a team that got dog walked by the top 2 teams in our region go and beat the 2 seed which Munford barely beat is kind of shocking. Munford definitely has 3 play makers. What i find amazing is memphis central qb wins player of the region but the munford rb is a mr football finalist. Not taking anything away from munfords back he is a real talent.  Just watching film this game has a potential to not even be close. Now with that being said its a long travel game and springfield was extremely flat in their 27-7 win over memphis central last week, so its playoffs and anything can happen. But Wilson i believe has lost 1 playoff game west of dickson in his career so he should have no problem getting the ready. Hoping for an exciting game...i just hope the boys are not looking forward to next week and a rematch with HC and not handle business in front of them. 

I believe Central's QB is the head coach's son, so maybe he was pandering to the other coaches to get his son player of the year. I saw in the paper where centrals QB threw 4 interception and possibly a couple of those were in the end zone if i'm not mistaken. If Central's QB doesn't throw 4 interceptions this game might've turned out differently? 

Edited by NoPuntIntended

1 hour ago, NoPuntIntended said:

New to the "T", but I have been somewhat following Munford this season. I'm wondering what Springfield fans see in the cougars that makes you think this game will be one sided favoring Springfield? 

If Springfield plays thier A game. Probably even thier B game Munford will find it extremely difficult to score as easily as they are used to. Munford gets it’s back up against the wall, they could start making big mistakes trying to force plays or passes. I believe Munford will realize like last year, that thier region is a little on the weak side. If the jackets aren’t sluggish from the long ride and they are all healthy I don’t look for it to be close.