Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

11 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

their pass defense is very mediocre...they do run several different looks but everyone has thrown the ball well on them. Their run defense is a little better but not great. Honestly they have not played anyone very good with the exception of Covington early in the year. That region is very weak and to see a team that got dog walked by the top 2 teams in our region go and beat the 2 seed which Munford barely beat is kind of shocking. Munford definitely has 3 play makers. What i find amazing is memphis central qb wins player of the region but the munford rb is a mr football finalist. Not taking anything away from munfords back he is a real talent.  Just watching film this game has a potential to not even be close. Now with that being said its a long travel game and springfield was extremely flat in their 27-7 win over memphis central last week, so its playoffs and anything can happen. But Wilson i believe has lost 1 playoff game west of dickson in his career so he should have no problem getting the ready. Hoping for an exciting game...i just hope the boys are not looking forward to next week and a rematch with HC and not handle business in front of them. 

It kind of remind me of the Little League coach who coaches so his kid can make All-Stars.  

18 minutes ago, eers said:

I think Springfield wins until they play someone that plays physical and runs at them. I felt like Beech exposed them a little when they played. I’m not saying Springfield is going to Chattanooga, but I don’t think they will run into another rushing attack like Beech on the west side of the 5A bracket. I say all of that to say… I like Springfield this week. I don’t think Munford is that physical and Springfield will actually be the more physical team. 

Especially after Devon went down.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I am looking forward to the new region. Should be fun.

Back to Springfield/Munford… I’m betting on the defense doing just enough and Crenshaw having a big night. Springfield leaves Munford shocked and getting their BB shoes out. 

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Wish we could’ve brought a gold ball home. 

The 81 M J team was loaded had our Jackets in a bind trailing 7-0 late in fourth , MJ passes on their possession and Jackets intercepted a pass in MJ. territory late in fourth. MJ had the Jackets offense stagnant all game pretty much dominated the game but the Jackets managed to get the TD and linedn  up to kick PAT hopefully to send it to OT. But Coach Jerry Pearson didn’t  feel his much smaller Jackets could hold on to a mucher stronger Mt. Juliet team , instead he called fake PAT rolling the holder out to pass to wide open Jacket receiver escaping with 8-7 win . The week before the Jackets lost to MBA 8-7 late in fourth in the opener. If I remember correctly the Majors boys were on that MJ team that might have had a shot at the gold ,had more teams qualified then. Springfield had close wins at Dickson and Gallatin and it was first year in 9AAA moving from 10 AAA. Jackets won it with lone loss to Franklin but we’re upset by Clarksville 16-13 in first round whom they defeated 21-0 in regular season, big Harry Galbreath was on that Clkv. team. That Mt. Juliet was loaded . Overton went on to win gold Ball , the last metro team to win one in highest classification. Extra Credit History. Class dismissed.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, eers said:

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I am looking forward to the new region. Should be fun.

Back to Springfield/Munford… I’m betting on the defense doing just enough and Crenshaw having a big night. Springfield leaves Munford shocked and getting their BB shoes out. 

3 minutes ago, LEON said:

The 81 M J team was loaded had our Jackets in a bind trailing 7-0 late in fourth , MJ passes on their possession and Jackets intercepted a pass in MJ. territory late in fourth. MJ had the Jackets offense stagnant all game pretty much dominated the game but the Jackets managed to get the TD and linedn  up to kick PAT hopefully to send it to OT. But Coach Jerry Pearson didn’t  feel his much smaller Jackets could hold on to a mucher stronger Mt. Juliet team , instead he called fake PAT rolling the holder out to pass to wide open Jacket receiver escaping with 8-7 win . The week before the Jackets lost to MBA 8-7 late in fourth in the opener. If I remember correctly the Majors boys were on that MJ team that might have had a shot at the gold ,had more teams qualified then. Springfield had close wins at Dickson and Gallatin and it was first year in 9AAA moving from 10 AAA. Jackets won it with lone loss to Franklin but we’re upset by Clarksville 16-13 in first round whom they defeated 21-0 in regular season, big Harry Galbreath was on that Clkv. team. That Mt. Juliet was loaded . Overton went on to win gold Ball , the last metro team to win one in highest classification. Extra Credit History. Class dismissed.

Interesting tidbit  there, thanks.