Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

4 hours ago, City223 said:

They’ve had a few in the past from lincoln county but they don’t have any kids that came from lincoln county on the team this year

Let’s get serious. LCHS had 25 seniors this year and at least competed in 5A this year and should have won 4-5 games blowing 2nd half leads. None of the City Kids ever attended LCHS. Dresden Is outmatched in this game and will lose by 28 if not more. City has the athletes to win in Chattanooga. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Let’s get serious. LCHS had 25 seniors this year and at least competed in 5A this year and should have won 4-5 games blowing 2nd half leads. None of the City Kids ever attended LCHS. Dresden Is outmatched in this game and will lose by 28 if not more. City has the athletes to win in Chattanooga. 

The only ones i’m referring to were the ones that were at city originally then transferred to LC and came back to city in 2020. 

15 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Your right 99 out of 100 yall get the win but you never know if that 1 time is the first time. I hope you have to eat a big piece of humble pie come Friday night. Serious question not trying to throw shade but how has Fayetteville school grown in numbers so much. Your sideline looks like a 5a school. I've been around High school football for several years and don't ever remember hearing about Fayetteville till 3 years ago. Now your going up to 2a. Good coaching hire? New factory? School consolidation? Just curious.

Haha nah you right thats why you have to play the game. best of luck

City first fielded a team in 13. 2019 started this run its just this is just one those groups that come through every so often in this town. The schools are split which everyone used to all be at Lincoln County high school which is the 5a school. City is at an advantage with having  all the  " athletes" in their school system and getting to play in 1a granted they beat 4a teams cause they have really good players. Basically legal segregation honestly not sure how it hasn't been looked into lol. 

These coaches have helped changed and shape that program and have got kids to come out and play for them. Def no new factory this town to small minded and good ole boy for bringing jobs in. This town has lost majority of its folks due to lack of jobs. This town used to be flooded with athletes from the 80- early 00s several pro athletes but being small handicapped this town. This will honestly prolly be one of the last special groups to come through for some time. 

The school def has seen an increase in population since opening in 11/12 but its not made that big of strides City will actually be one of the smaller 2a schools. 

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agree and had the chance to knock off a few 6a teams. LC made huge improvements this year with getting a coach who actually cares. They got some talent in their young group and changes of classification even tho they stay 5a LC will be competitive now I’d say steadily. City does have a kid from county on there tho. 

44 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Agree and had the chance to knock off a few 6a teams. LC made huge improvements this year with getting a coach who actually cares. They got some talent in their young group and changes of classification even tho they stay 5a LC will be competitive now I’d say steadily. City does have a kid from county on there tho. 

The kids really respect Cunningham and I know he’s working really hard to get that program straightened out. 

5 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Haha nah you right thats why you have to play the game. best of luck

City first fielded a team in 13. 2019 started this run its just this is just one those groups that come through every so often in this town. The schools are split which everyone used to all be at Lincoln County high school which is the 5a school. City is at an advantage with having  all the  " athletes" in their school system and getting to play in 1a granted they beat 4a teams cause they have really good players. Basically legal segregation honestly not sure how it hasn't been looked into lol. 

These coaches have helped changed and shape that program and have got kids to come out and play for them. Def no new factory this town to small minded and good ole boy for bringing jobs in. This town has lost majority of its folks due to lack of jobs. This town used to be flooded with athletes from the 80- early 00s several pro athletes but being small handicapped this town. This will honestly prolly be one of the last special groups to come through for some time. 

The school def has seen an increase in population since opening in 11/12 but its not made that big of strides City will actually be one of the smaller 2a schools. 

Use “Athletes” in quotes then talking about segregation, why don’t you go ahead and say what you want to say? Typical LC faithful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

The kids really respect Cunningham and I know he’s working really hard to get that program straightened out. 

LC will never be competitive in 5A again. Cunningham overachieved( 2 wins) with a group of 25 seniors. I wouldn’t expect them to win 10 total games in the next 3 years. Be a miracle if they could get to 9 

38 minutes ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

LC will never be competitive in 5A again. Cunningham overachieved( 2 wins) with a group of 25 seniors. I wouldn’t expect them to win 10 total games in the next 3 years. Be a miracle if they could get to 9 

It won’t be because of Cunningham if they aren’t competitive. You can only coach the talent you have to work with. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:08 PM, Sherdog said:

So are the best athletes going to Fayetteville because Lincoln County is terrible correct? 

Nope once u leave 8th grade u can go to city or county and the teams from the past 3 to 4 yrs have played peewee football together since 1st n 2nd grade so honestly most of your black kids " truthfully speaking" are already at city that's where majority of the speed is and the other schools bring the size and lineman and thats why they all came as one to LC you had 6 jr high schools there that came Into one school

3 hours ago, LCFayettevilleAlum said:

Nope once u leave 8th grade u can go to city or county and the teams from the past 3 to 4 yrs have played peewee football together since 1st n 2nd grade so honestly most of your black kids " truthfully speaking" are already at city that's where majority of the speed is and the other schools bring the size and lineman and thats why they all came as one to LC you had 6 jr high schools there that came Into one school

I’m NOT going to play the racist Card. But i was TOTALLY Against the City HS because i knew it would segregate from LCHS. This is a small community and county. No NEED for a separate HS. PERIOD. Most african american kids live in the City. Not all but most. You have black kids who have no option because of busing to go to City. Sad. Obviously LCHS is and will be for the foreseeable future a much better educational opportunity for most kids because of the resources and good teachers. They routinely have a half dozen kids who score at least a 30+ on the ACT and are very successful in College. I personally know one kid who got an appt to the Air Force Academy. Regardless we have a segregated town because the black kids who actually reside in the county have chosen to join their church friends, distant relatives, and just feel more comfortable not being ostracized by being in the vast minority. This makes me SICK and SAD for both the Kids and the Community. We have 2 High Schools exactly 2miles apart. PATHETIC. For the Kids and the Community. We don’t need 2 HS’s that have ultimately segregated our town. It was a bad idea and was conceived by 2 school boards fighting for State Money and Big Egos. This has done next to NOTHING to bring the community together and worst less provide a better educational opportunity for the City Kids. The best educational opportunity is and always will be at LCHS. Period. 
Regardless we have re-segregated our county. Which is not only sad for the kids who all should share a common educational experience TOGETHER as brothers sisters and friends. We have failed our Kids by not allowing them to all share their HS Years together as ONE. 

Edited by IPOPU2022
Typo