Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

6 minutes ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

You obviously drank too much sweet tea at shoney’s or something. City got kids all across the map that have played college ball.

but I digress, city wins. Closer than it probably should be, but expect Dresden to put up a fight that should keep them in the game until Atleast half time 

thank you for making the effort

18 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

I think we're missing the point of this post and forum. It has devolved into politics, and it seems like the argument is between people in the same community. Let's focus on the boys and the game coming up this Friday instead of telling them the system that put them in place to win is wrong.

This, I thought this was a thread about Dresden-Fayetteville this Friday. It has turned into something completely different

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

You obviously drank too much sweet tea at shoney’s or something. City got kids all across the map that have played college ball.

but I digress, city wins. Closer than it probably should be, but expect Dresden to put up a fight that should keep them in the game until Atleast half time 

Nah went to honeys actually lol. Across the map? thats false lol cause basketball has only put out 3 and one of those was a transfer. Football only had a handful that has made it and that's only been in recent years cause Coach P didn't send but like 1 off to play and actually had his best player transfer out back then. Thomison will be the first to make it big time in football ( heck of a player love watching him play.) 

Finally something we can agree on..City wins and it wont be close 

• Like 1

I SIMPLY said i hate it for the KIDS. All of them. As a Community they should ALL be together. IF there’s deficiencies in the system then why not Fix Them. Another HS doesn’t address my comments about turning this into a City vs County Debate. And yes at the end of the day this whole debate is and was political. The kids have basically become re-segregated and i don’t see how anyone can argue that’s good for our Town. I’m sorry i ruffled some feathers with the City folks. I just believe we ought to have one great high school instead of two good ones. I hope i got my point across. Apparently this City vs County political fight is still alive and well. And i can’t see how any of it helps the kids or the community. 

On 11/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

LC will never be competitive in 5A again. Cunningham overachieved( 2 wins) with a group of 25 seniors. I wouldn’t expect them to win 10 total games in the next 3 years. Be a miracle if they could get to 9 

Only twomwins came over 2 hot garbage teams in Columbia and Spring Hill. Spring Hill went winless and Columbia's only win was over Spring Hill.

LC still living in those Meadows/Thompson glory days that won't be back anytime soon.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, jtm52k said:

I think we're missing the point of this post and forum. It has devolved into politics, and it seems like the argument is between people in the same community. Let's focus on the boys and the game coming up this Friday instead of telling them the system that put them in place to win is wrong.

Let all the people in the church say... AMEN!

On 11/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m NOT going to play the racist Card. But i was TOTALLY Against the City HS because i knew it would segregate from LCHS. This is a small community and county. No NEED for a separate HS. PERIOD. Most african american kids live in the City. Not all but most. You have black kids who have no option because of busing to go to City. Sad. Obviously LCHS is and will be for the foreseeable future a much better educational opportunity for most kids because of the resources and good teachers. They routinely have a half dozen kids who score at least a 30+ on the ACT and are very successful in College. I personally know one kid who got an appt to the Air Force Academy. Regardless we have a segregated town because the black kids who actually reside in the county have chosen to join their church friends, distant relatives, and just feel more comfortable not being ostracized by being in the vast minority. This makes me SICK and SAD for both the Kids and the Community. We have 2 High Schools exactly 2miles apart. PATHETIC. For the Kids and the Community. We don’t need 2 HS’s that have ultimately segregated our town. It was a bad idea and was conceived by 2 school boards fighting for State Money and Big Egos. This has done next to NOTHING to bring the community together and worst less provide a better educational opportunity for the City Kids. The best educational opportunity is and always will be at LCHS. Period. 
Regardless we have re-segregated our county. Which is not only sad for the kids who all should share a common educational experience TOGETHER as brothers sisters and friends. We have failed our Kids by not allowing them to all share their HS Years together as ONE. 

Very informative & wise run-down of your local situation which outsiders wouldn’t have known about. Sounds like you could run for some political position:office to help right these ineffective & unwise situations you just shared.

Hey hardcore LCHS fans.. you want to see y’all’s county back to one school system? Come help the Lions Friday night.. packs the stands supporting Dresden & get an insider plant/bug to steal then hand City’s plays & strategy to our coaches, in the shock-of-the-decade we blow out Tigers so bad they’ll gladly come running back to the LCHS fold & camp, never more to roam. Sound like a plan? Hehe

And btw.. I don’t know all the x’s & o’s, strategy’s & terminologies, nuances & particulars of football per se.. my sport in HS & college was boxing.. but I do understand the mental-aspects & sports-psychology  more than tactics & which offense, defense, or set-up is involved. (^^ this addresses/answers some posts of others I read thru just now when I was catching up with the thread just now. Sorry for delay, wasn’t ignoring anyone, just been away from thread for a bit dealing with some family needs. And am actually in Paducah KY as I’m up here to help in this matter of ours.. Lord please forgive my location & don’t come back right now & catch me in KY.. let me get back home to your chosen state of Tenn before you arrive, ok? ) hehe

Edited by HevyReturns
Typos

1 hour ago, HevyReturns said:

Very informative & wise run-down of your local situation which outsiders wouldn’t have known about. Sounds like you could run for some political position:office to help right these ineffective & unwise situations you just shared.

I just call it the way i see it. Not trying to turn this thread into a political debate which is apparently still alive and well. The division btw City and County doesn’t ultimately bring the community or the kids together which is what the conversation Should be about. Thanks for me going into politics but it’s this kinda nonsense that makes me nauseous. Good Luck to your Lions tomorrow night. And safe travels.