Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

7 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Dresden has been hit with the injury bug. Still believe we can pull out the W. Got to make it a gritty game and throw them off there's by being physical and scrappy.

21 to 14 Dresden wins by upset 

You honestly think Dresden will hold city to 14 or is that just wishful thinking

Edited by City223
  • Like 1

The lion cubs have been a pretender all year. Here goes you some bulletin board material.. This game is a waste of gas for everybody from Dresden yall have a better chance of winning this lottery drawing than coming within 5 scores in this game. Back to the same place it ended last yr for the cubs. Yall make sure to get your tickets in advance to watch City vs Mckenzie unless yall have a basketball game that night. City 58 - 13 Dresden only scores come on City jv. 

9 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Dresden has been hit with the injury bug. Still believe we can pull out the W. Got to make it a gritty game and throw them off there's by being physical and scrappy.

21 to 14 Dresden wins by upset 

There's always a chance of an upset BUT I don't see FC being held to 14. They are just too explosive. Even if you chewed up 8 mins of a quarter, it would still give them plenty of time to strike. 

8 hours ago, Doc931 said:

The lion cubs have been a pretender all year. Here goes you some bulletin board material.. This game is a waste of gas for everybody from Dresden yall have a better chance of winning this lottery drawing than coming within 5 scores in this game. Back to the same place it ended last yr for the cubs. Yall make sure to get your tickets in advance to watch City vs Mckenzie unless yall have a basketball game that night. City 58 - 13 Dresden only scores come on City jv. 

Your right 99 out of 100 yall get the win but you never know if that 1 time is the first time. I hope you have to eat a big piece of humble pie come Friday night. Serious question not trying to throw shade but how has Fayetteville school grown in numbers so much. Your sideline looks like a 5a school. I've been around High school football for several years and don't ever remember hearing about Fayetteville till 3 years ago. Now your going up to 2a. Good coaching hire? New factory? School consolidation? Just curious.

Edited by Sherdog

11 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Your right 99 out of 100 yall get the win but you never know if that 1 time is the first time. I hope you have to eat a big piece of humble pie come Friday night. Serious question not trying to throw shade but how has Fayetteville school grown in numbers so much. Your sideline looks like a 5a school. I've been around High school football for several years and don't ever remember hearing about Fayetteville till 3 years ago. Now your going up to 2a. Good coaching hire? New factory? School consolidation? Just curious.

You're right, upsets happen all the time. I'm just saying, Dresden's best chance at an upset is to score at least 30 because I don't think they'll hold Fayetteville to less than that. 

Fayetteville City High School has been around for about 10 years this time; it was previously open and shut down a couple decades ago, consolidating all of Lincoln County high school students into one high school. Kids in the city school system didn't have a choice. The city school system decided to open the doors on their high school again as the county high school started to get over crowded. 

As far as the size of the roster - Fayetteville High School was borderline 1A/2A by like 10 at last reclassification and went over by 5 to 10 this time I think.

Edited by jtm52k

4 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

You're right, upsets happen all the time. I'm just saying, Dresden's best chance at an upset is to score at least 30 because I don't think they'll hold Fayetteville to less than that. 

Fayetteville City High School has been around for about 10 years this time; it was previously open and shut down a couple decades ago, consolidating all of Lincoln County high school students into one high school. Kids in the city school system didn't have a choice. The city school system decided to open the doors on their high school again as the county high school started to get over crowded. 

As far as the size of the roster - Fayetteville High School was borderline 1A/2A by like 10 at last reclassification and went over by 5 to 10 this time I think.

So are the best athletes going to Fayetteville because Lincoln County is terrible correct? 

23 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

So are the best athletes going to Fayetteville because Lincoln County is terrible correct? 

Lincoln County has been terrible in recent memory. Lincoln County has been terrible and/or declining since 2005, before the city system opened the high school, and even before 2005 only had 3 or 4 good years. It hasn't been consistently relevant since the 90s. Beyond that, this current group of juniors and seniors at City has been playing together in the city school system since grade school

Edited by jtm52k