Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

1 minute ago, SpottedGoat said:

The Dresden kids played their hearts out from start to finish. The coaches worked as hard as ever too. FC was just too much. Very, very proud of the Lions. FC looked like a college team compared to the Lions, but there was never any backing down. They gave all they had and that's all any one could ask for.

Good luck and safe travels to FC coming to McKenzie. 

numbers 1 and 10 for Dresden seemed like the heart and soul of the whole team. The entire team played well, but there were moments when some of them got down. 1 and 10 never stopped. I was impressed. At the end of the game, there was still a lot of white showing on most of the Dresden jerseys, but not those two. Their jerseys were so muddy they almost looked like they were wearing Fayetteville's jerseys. 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

City has plenty of vocational education opportunities and has since the day it opened. Sounds like you regurgitate garbage the falcon club says. Kids aren’t missing out on any opportunities at city educationally, athletically, socially, vocationally , or otherwise. 

Vocational jobs are paying far more than degree jobs now anyway. Degrees are a dime a dozen now but a PLC Programmer is highly sought after and EXTREMELY well paid. I know cats making 3x the salary of degree toting teachers........

9 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Yes, I live in Vero but work in Ft Pierce. I've been away from TN for the past 8 years. This is actually the first year I haven't been to a Vero game since I moved here. Might go Friday night, most nights I listen to it on the radio so I can switch stations to the West TN games.  Florida football is a little different than West TN football. lol

Wow, small world. We retired and moved here 4 years ago from Kingsport. Love living in The Fort. We'll usually see Vero play 2-3 times a season. It's the best atmosphere on the Treasure Coast, and we usually sit close to the old guy with the train horn. We wanted to go to the Muck Bowl this year, but Glades Central was just so bad and Pahokee drilled them as expected. Maybe it'll be more competitive next year. 

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Wow, small world. We retired and moved here 4 years ago from Kingsport. Love living in The Fort. We'll usually see Vero play 2-3 times a season. It's the best atmosphere on the Treasure Coast, and we usually sit close to the old guy with the train horn. We wanted to go to the Muck Bowl this year, but Glades Central was just so bad and Pahokee drilled them as expected. Maybe it'll be more competitive next year. 

Vero? Florida. . Seriously. You guys need to exchange phone #s and catch up outside this thread 

On 11/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, ysoangry said:

Weather is a beautiful 82 today in Vero Beach / Ft Pierce Florida. McKenzie is going to take you behind the woodshed. 

It’s been windy, cold and generally nasty here. I think i could use a vacation down your way. And yes I’m going with McKenzie as well. City’s lack of discipline and questionable coaching probably brings the season to a screeching halt.