Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

7 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m NOT going to play the racist Card. But i was TOTALLY Against the City HS because i knew it would segregate from LCHS. This is a small community and county. No NEED for a separate HS. PERIOD. Most african american kids live in the City. Not all but most. You have black kids who have no option because of busing to go to City. Sad. Obviously LCHS is and will be for the foreseeable future a much better educational opportunity for most kids because of the resources and good teachers. They routinely have a half dozen kids who score at least a 30+ on the ACT and are very successful in College. I personally know one kid who got an appt to the Air Force Academy. Regardless we have a segregated town because the black kids who actually reside in the county have chosen to join their church friends, distant relatives, and just feel more comfortable not being ostracized by being in the vast minority. This makes me SICK and SAD for both the Kids and the Community. We have 2 High Schools exactly 2miles apart. PATHETIC. For the Kids and the Community. We don’t need 2 HS’s that have ultimately segregated our town. It was a bad idea and was conceived by 2 school boards fighting for State Money and Big Egos. This has done next to NOTHING to bring the community together and worst less provide a better educational opportunity for the City Kids. The best educational opportunity is and always will be at LCHS. Period. 
Regardless we have re-segregated our county. Which is not only sad for the kids who all should share a common educational experience TOGETHER as brothers sisters and friends. We have failed our Kids by not allowing them to all share their HS Years together as ONE. 

Kids deserve a choice. LCHS teacher to student ratio is close to 30:1, city is closest to 19:1. All 3( elementary, middle, highsxhool) in the city system are blue ribbon schools of excellence, routinely have kids scoring in the 30’s on their Act ( a higher percentage I’d be willing to bet) small schools are the backbone of America. It has nothing to do with black or white. The only ones failing our kids, are the crusty old white racist ***** who keep trying to stick their nose in business that doesn’t concern them. City kids don’t want to go to LC, the parents don’t want their kids to go to LC. So sit back , remove that sheet with eye holes in it for a little while , and relax. Because city high school isn’t going anywhere, no matter bad you want it to 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

Kids deserve a choice. LCHS teacher to student ratio is close to 30:1, city is closest to 19:1. All 3( elementary, middle, highsxhool) in the city system are blue ribbon schools of excellence, routinely have kids scoring in the 30’s on their Act ( a higher percentage I’d be willing to bet) small schools are the backbone of America. It has nothing to do with black or white. The only ones failing our kids, are the crusty old white racist ***** who keep trying to stick their nose in business that doesn’t concern them. City kids don’t want to go to LC, the parents don’t want their kids to go to LC. So sit back , remove that sheet with eye holes in it for a little while , and relax. Because city high school isn’t going anywhere, no matter bad you want it to 

You totally missed my point. . But whatever 

18 hours ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

Use “Athletes” in quotes then talking about segregation, why don’t you go ahead and say what you want to say? Typical LC faithful. 

The term "athletes" is in quotation because that has been used by people form the community which is dastardly given everyone knows what folks are referring to when they say that. That's why you dont assume things and get pressed about stuff jumping the gun. It is segregation what else would you call it? 

Typical faithful? no I support the kids of both school here and have from the jump. Your just one of those typical city people who just assume everyone is against yall which is absolutely funny yall have convinced yourselves of that.

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Sheesh all we have to fight about is the smell of our field or how the Rotary club takes all the money from the football games. Sorry to hear the City area is so divided. 

there's a lot of division and disrespect *in the community* against the City high school. just in the last couple of weeks, people on social media have been trashing the football team because they "don't play any good teams." 

38 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You totally missed my point. . But whatever 

You cant help ignorance bro you spitted straight facts. City high school education wise comes nowhere near LCHS. That student teacher ratio is true however City is losing teachers left and right each year due to how students are allowed to act their is no discipline on the daily bases. The segregation of schools has done nothing but hurt the youth of our community when it comes to diversity All that the school was to crowded is a joke if it was so overcrowded they shouldn't built a new LCHS high school but not splitting the schools but you only blame the big wigs of the town for that. The city kids miss out on several opportunities education wise and not exposed to as many as career choices such as shop classes. Its not all about sports but people fail to realize that. This town is drastically to small to have 2 high schools separated by a bridge and a stop light. 

11 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m NOT going to play the racist Card. But i was TOTALLY Against the City HS because i knew it would segregate from LCHS. This is a small community and county. No NEED for a separate HS. PERIOD. Most african american kids live in the City. Not all but most. You have black kids who have no option because of busing to go to City. Sad. Obviously LCHS is and will be for the foreseeable future a much better educational opportunity for most kids because of the resources and good teachers. They routinely have a half dozen kids who score at least a 30+ on the ACT and are very successful in College. I personally know one kid who got an appt to the Air Force Academy. Regardless we have a segregated town because the black kids who actually reside in the county have chosen to join their church friends, distant relatives, and just feel more comfortable not being ostracized by being in the vast minority. This makes me SICK and SAD for both the Kids and the Community. We have 2 High Schools exactly 2miles apart. PATHETIC. For the Kids and the Community. We don’t need 2 HS’s that have ultimately segregated our town. It was a bad idea and was conceived by 2 school boards fighting for State Money and Big Egos. This has done next to NOTHING to bring the community together and worst less provide a better educational opportunity for the City Kids. The best educational opportunity is and always will be at LCHS. Period. 
Regardless we have re-segregated our county. Which is not only sad for the kids who all should share a common educational experience TOGETHER as brothers sisters and friends. We have failed our Kids by not allowing them to all share their HS Years together as ONE. 

I’m not sure who you talk to but most of the kids at city don’t want to go to lincoln county and most of the ones that do come right back. Maybe county has half a dozen scoring so high because they have so many more kids. Have you thought about that? I don’t know how you say city is not as good in the education part when fayetteville elementary, middle, and high school are all blue ribbon schools

Edited by City223
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

You cant help ignorance bro you spitted straight facts. City high school education wise comes nowhere near LCHS. That student teacher ratio is true however City is losing teachers left and right each year due to how students are allowed to act their is no discipline on the daily bases. The segregation of schools has done nothing but hurt the youth of our community when it comes to diversity All that the school was to crowded is a joke if it was so overcrowded they shouldn't built a new LCHS high school but not splitting the schools but you only blame the big wigs of the town for that. The city kids miss out on several opportunities education wise and not exposed to as many as career choices such as shop classes. Its not all about sports but people fail to realize that. This town is drastically to small to have 2 high schools separated by a bridge and a stop light. 

City has plenty of vocational education opportunities and has since the day it opened. Sounds like you regurgitate garbage the falcon club says. Kids aren’t missing out on any opportunities at city educationally, athletically, socially, vocationally , or otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think we're missing the point of this post and forum. It has devolved into politics, and it seems like the argument is between people in the same community. Let's focus on the boys and the game coming up this Friday instead of telling them the system that put them in place to win is wrong.

3 minutes ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

City has plenty of vocational education opportunities and has since the day it opened. Sounds like you regurgitate garbage the falcon club says. Kids aren’t missing out on any opportunities at city educationally, athletically, socially, vocationally , or otherwise. 

Falcon Club lol " why dont you say what you actually mean" 

City has never provided great opportunities for vocational skills since the doors opened. Socially they def are missing out on interaction with kids from a different back ground setting and that goes for both schools reason why segregating the schools was a terrible idea. They don't provide the same quality of high school education as county does. They lose teachers every yr and administrators because of how things are ran. How they fail to hire educators that can actually relate to those kids is mind boggling they have what two or 3 in the entire high school and probably not even 10 in the entire school system 

That blue ribbon award they got is because of collection of data on closing achievement gaps which goes back to demographics pretty much. Don't let them folks fool you like they all really are for your kids cause they get money for having kids of certain ethnicity. 

Athletically City has had special kids since 2011 but they dont help a lot of those kids reach the next level and get that free education most of those kids have a free ticket out and have been failed when it comes to resources. I do think they have gotten better when it comes to that area. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Falcon Club lol " why dont you say what you actually mean" 

City has never provided great opportunities for vocational skills since the doors opened. Socially they def are missing out on interaction with kids from a different back ground setting and that goes for both schools reason why segregating the schools was a terrible idea. They don't provide the same quality of high school education as county does. They lose teachers every yr and administrators because of how things are ran. How they fail to hire educators that can actually relate to those kids is mind boggling they have what two or 3 in the entire high school and probably not even 10 in the entire school system 

That blue ribbon award they got is because of collection of data on closing achievement gaps which goes back to demographics pretty much. Don't let them folks fool you like they all really are for your kids cause they get money for having kids of certain ethnicity. 

Athletically City has had special kids since 2011 but they dont help a lot of those kids reach the next level and get that free education most of those kids have a free ticket out and have been failed when it comes to resources. I do think they have gotten better when it comes to that area. 

You obviously drank too much sweet tea at shoney’s or something. City got kids all across the map that have played college ball.

but I digress, city wins. Closer than it probably should be, but expect Dresden to put up a fight that should keep them in the game until Atleast half time 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1