Dresden @ Fayetteville, Rd.2, 11/11

HevyReturns

59 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Congrats to Tigers. They are definitely legit! 

Gonna need to clean up the penalties. Most are just lack of discipline and poor coaching. IF this team loses that’s their Achilles Heel. . They have the talent but in a close game they will get beat by a team that plays nearly mistake free. They average way over 10 penalties a game. Had 4 offsides tonight by the same player on 3 or 4th an short. They win because they out talent opponents. Ain’t gonna get it done against a team with similar talent. Season could come crashing down next week at McKenzie if they don’t get their act together. 

20 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Gonna need to clean up the penalties. Most are just lack of discipline and poor coaching. IF this team loses that’s their Achilles Heel. . They have the talent but in a close game they will get beat by a team that plays nearly mistake free. They average way over 10 penalties a game. Had 4 offsides tonight by the same player on 3 or 4th an short. They win because they out talent opponents. Ain’t gonna get it done against a team with similar talent. Season could come crashing down next week at McKenzie if they don’t get their act together. 

I couldn't have said it any better and the play calling was terrible tonight  haven't saw it this bad since the first two scrimmage games

3 minutes ago, LCFayettevilleAlum said:

I couldn't have said it any better and the play calling was terrible tonight  haven't saw it this bad since the first two scrimmage games

Honestly the play calling tonight was the least of their problems. The O-Line got pushed around as well besides all the penalties. But yes the play calling is another issue that must be addressed to go past next week. 

7 hours ago, MC4FHS said:

Tigers played unfocused tonight.  Way too many penalties.  Once City woke up and started playing, the game was never in question, but gosh, it was ugly.  Nevertheless, I’ll take a 42-17 win in the 2nd round.

I couldn't agree with you more. That many stupid penalties against a good Mckenzie team, the Tigers could be in for a long night and a long ride back home.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:51 PM, hogheaven said:

Ugh  oh well.  I still got union city to cheer for   .   Mckenzie exposed a big weakness in the Lions offense.  Wont point it out online.  Good luck to remaining teams!  Ysoanry  sunscreen!   ❤️

Heard you guys woke up yesterday with snow. Balmy 85 here!!!! On a good note, the Vero Beach Fighting Indians are going to round 3 in 8A Florida football. Stay warm Hog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Heard you guys woke up yesterday with snow. Balmy 85 here!!!! On a good note, the Vero Beach Fighting Indians are going to round 3 in 8A Florida football. Stay warm Hog.

It's actually Round 2 after last night's game. Harmony gave them a better game than I thought they would. VB really needs to get Aronson back, but I guess he's finished for the year. 

5 hours ago, JDHoss said:

It's actually Round 2 after last night's game. Harmony gave them a better game than I thought they would. VB really needs to get Aronson back, but I guess he's finished for the year. 

I stand corrected, last week's bye was first round. They don't seem to be as good as teams from the last few years. Still pretty stout though.

4 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I stand corrected, last week's bye was first round. They don't seem to be as good as teams from the last few years. Still pretty stout though.

Vero didn't have a bye. Last week was their open date. They are a little weak along the OL and don't have much of a running game this year. They do however have arguably the best receiving corps in the state in any classification, but when Aronson broke his hand against Martin Co 3 weeks ago, it killed the intermediate and downfield passing game. The backup can't throw much besides hitch passes and quick slants and unlike Aronson, is a little guy who doesn't give them anything with his feet. They do have a promising 9th grader in EJ White (6'3 190) who is crazy athletic, but very raw as a passer. He led them on their first TD drive last night with his running. Without Aronson though, they will struggle to get past Osceola or Treasure Coast, provided they beat Melbourne this coming Friday. 

You live in the Vero area? We're in Fort Pierce, but take in games all across the region from Fort Lauderdale to Belle Glade to Cocoa, depending on where the best game is. 

14 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Vero didn't have a bye. Last week was their open date. They are a little weak along the OL and don't have much of a running game this year. They do however have arguably the best receiving corps in the state in any classification, but when Aronson broke his hand against Martin Co 3 weeks ago, it killed the intermediate and downfield passing game. The backup can't throw much besides hitch passes and quick slants and unlike Aronson, is a little guy who doesn't give them anything with his feet. They do have a promising 9th grader in EJ White (6'3 190) who is crazy athletic, but very raw as a passer. He led them on their first TD drive last night with his running. Without Aronson though, they will struggle to get past Osceola or Treasure Coast, provided they beat Melbourne this coming Friday. 

You live in the Vero area? We're in Fort Pierce, but take in games all across the region from Fort Lauderdale to Belle Glade to Cocoa, depending on where the best game is. 

Yes, I live in Vero but work in Ft Pierce. I've been away from TN for the past 8 years. This is actually the first year I haven't been to a Vero game since I moved here. Might go Friday night, most nights I listen to it on the radio so I can switch stations to the West TN games.  Florida football is a little different than West TN football. lol

• Like 1

The Dresden kids played their hearts out from start to finish. The coaches worked as hard as ever too. FC was just too much. Very, very proud of the Lions. FC looked like a college team compared to the Lions, but there was never any backing down. They gave all they had and that's all any one could ask for.

Good luck and safe travels to FC coming to McKenzie. 

• Like 1