Round Two...Mighty Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

14 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Oak Ridge QB had it and the McMinn Co player tied it up like a jump ball in front of ref and somehow gave it to McMinn.Should of never happened because Jai scored play before with half his body in endzone and ref somehow spots him short.Plus 2 plays after fumble calls huge P.foul late hit on Rogers for holding the runner up from running into fence.Wasnt close.And then a huge facemask call that wasnt close to being a facemask.Refs tried their best to take McMinn down the field.And the huge drive by Oak Ridge to get to the 1 they had to overcome at least 3 holding calls.It was bad and after refs ripped off Oak Ridge last yr when they called back the game winning TD in final seconds on an awful call.That was bad but these refs dont need to not be back doing any playoff games

That is exactly right, I thought Jai scored too and watching on the You Tube after the game, it looked like 14 had it on the ground and they were trying to pull it away from it, then an OR player handed the ball to the ref as they got up. A couple of dink calls on McMinns last drive got them in position for the field goal attempt, Glad they blocked it. Good win for this team, which needed to win a game like this.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

That is exactly right, I thought Jai scored too and watching on the You Tube after the game, it looked like 14 had it on the ground and they were trying to pull it away from it, then an OR player handed the ball to the ref as they got up. A couple of dink calls on McMinns last drive got them in position for the field goal attempt, Glad they blocked it. Good win for this team, which needed to win a game like this.

No doubt.I am proud of how hard they fought all night.I also thought we really struggled with the wet field and football.We kept throwing those short screens low and dropping passes.Few plays around outside with room for big play and we would just slip trying to cut.How bout that boom big stick by Hey on that last drive.That kid was not gonna let them go down without a fight.Also was proud of Garza moving around in pocket and hitting Rogers for a huge play late.Finally shout out to coach Cummings for some great play calls on 3rd and long that last drive.This team hurts itself a lot and has had a lot of bad luck but never quits and fights till da end.Go Wildcats

If the wildcats are going to move any farther, we have to work more than one qb.  Four turnovers and could have been a fifth doesn’t cut it for a qb in the playoffs. It’s time to get other guys ready if that happens again. They subbed out all year when things went bad, we should have lost that game and we had no backup plan. We have to have options, Powell will not let us back in the game like McMinn did. I’ll just leave this post up to get roasted if I’m wrong. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

On 11/12/2022 at 7:46 PM, orangeandwhite said:

Oak ridge has surprised me and have continuously gotten better throughout the season 

I’m not saying that haven’t gotten better, but we can’t score less than two tds against Powell and our offense has been anemic against good defensive teams. We have to figure out some wrinkles to move the ball more than just running it. There has to be quick slants, outs etc and get the ball to playmakers in space. 

12 hours ago, Rwrbigcat said:

If the wildcats are going to move any farther, we have to work more than one qb.  Four turnovers and could have been a fifth doesn’t cut it for a qb in the playoffs. It’s time to get other guys ready if that happens again. They subbed out all year when things went bad, we should have lost that game and we had no backup plan. We have to have options, Powell will not let us back in the game like McMinn did. I’ll just leave this post up to get roasted if I’m wrong. 

Edited by SweetScience

Well Cat we were there, thought it was gonna end there again but it didn't and we will be over to POW Friday nite. Long as the Cats are playing we 'll be there! But man it's gonna be cold Friday night! Better wrap up! Kinda like when tackling in football, Ya Gotta Wrap Em Up! haha

Some of these whiners were the same ones saying we'd be lucky to go 5-5 earlier in the season and now where are we .. in the 3rd round of the playoffs. A bunch of teams will be sitting at home Friday night. We could sure have better fan support at the games but I'll take the ones that go and make noise over that other bunching  any day! 

PaPa Bounder has spoken

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WILDCAT PRIDE  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

vil, this is not a shot at anybody in particular, just a fact.  Some of our biggest "fans" on here don't even go to the games.  I just don't get it, at all.  

Me either, I was there and I had hoped OR would have had more fans come, but given the damp cold weather, a lot stayed home figuring the 9-2 Kees would end our season like last year.  Not the case, these guys did not quit down 12-0 and I think the Kees defense got a little tired in the 4th quarter as the OR running game opened up.  A good win for these guys who have had a couple of rough seasons. I hope OR has a big rowdy crowd at Pal Friday night, make it like a home game, the weather is going to be a little cool, but doesn't look like any rain or hurricanes. Its only 10 miles out beautiful Clinton Highway. LOL

• Like 1