Round 2 White co @ Nolansville

Warrior0318

49 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Nolensville may win, but they won't shut down Pinion and Dowell.

We agree they won't be completely shutdown.  Judging by the amount of points White Co. is giving up, they won't be shutting down Fitzgerald, Johnson, Northcutt, Walton and Tamaska either.  I think the Nolensville D has more stops in them than White Co.  Good luck.

17 hours ago, Knights21 said:

We agree they won't be completely shutdown.  Judging by the amount of points White Co. is giving up, they won't be shutting down Fitzgerald, Johnson, Northcutt, Walton and Tamaska either.  I think the Nolensville D has more stops in them than White Co.  Good luck.

I would've thought the same until they absolutely steamrolled FC - didn't feel like FC was ever in the game.  They run the ball way, way better than FC, who ran it ok against Nolensville.  #9 DE for Nolensville was a huge factor against FC, but I don't think he will be against WC.  Firstly, he made many of his plays rushing the passer, and WC won't throw it.  Secondly, WC is about 3x more physical than FC up front and FC ran it ok against Nolensville.  He's a really good player, but the matchup isn't as favorable as with FC, who had no one up front to counter him.  Did feel like Nolensville's QB had an off-night against FC that he won't have against WC, since they don't have the athetes in the back-end to effectively play man-to-man like FC did.

Nolensville has a great home game atmosphere and that'll help.  Will be a high scoring game and should be a good one to watch.  

Edited by PullinGuard

White County’s defensive backfield has improved tremendously over the second half of the season. FC hurt us on bubble screens but our down field coverage wasn’t bad. I feel like we play a little like UT as far as we sometimes are very aggressive on the defensive side of the ball and that can bite us in the butt at times but also creates big plays on D. 

Our offensive line is playing lights out right now as are our fullback and TE. 600+ against a good and athletic FC team makes a big statement.

I’m sure we are a big underdog in most people’s minds and that is OK. We tend to like it that way.

15 minutes ago, Knights21 said:

There will be some really good talent on the field tomorrow night.  Dowell, Fitzgerald and many others will be playing on Saturdays soon.  Congrats to Taylor Wein of Nolensville.  I read his Division I offers are coming in.  Offers from Oklahoma, Southern Cal and Virginia Tech to name a few.

I watched some film on him and he is big and has a great motor but good lord to be that big 80% of his highlights no one attempts to block him at all.  His size s def what the scouts drool over, they will add 20-30 pounds to him and make a player out of him.  Does he play any offense?  Also what other players do we need to watch?

On 11/5/2022 at 11:43 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You may be right, but you’ve been picking them all season to be a favorite, thus I don’t see you shying away from them now. Comparing scores would tell us that Franklin Co was competitive with Nolensville and Page. WC manhandled FC… I understand it’s all about matchups but until someone can stop the duo at WC why would we think they would get beat terribly by Nolensville?

didnt you just get on a post a few days ago and say something about comparing scores makes zero sense?? 

3 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

didnt you just get on a post a few days ago and say something about comparing scores makes zero sense?? 

I guess you’re looking for an argument… I’m trying to see why it’s possible WC could hang with Nolensville. Comparing scores will always be there, it’s makes less sense than ever this year but it’s still there on paper and can be mentioned.