TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

4 minutes ago, crow said:

32 teams making it out of 35-40 in a classification does as well. I do agree with 4-5 team regions contributing to that as well but T$$AA does it every time the redo classifications. If more than half of the teams in any classification are in the post season then the classes are to small in my opinion. 8 regions at 7-8 teams per region with 4 classes would actually make the playoffs a reward and far more competitive but we all know that won’t happen. 

North Carolina takes 64 teams for the playoffs.

https://www.nchsaa.org/brackets/2022-11/2022-nchsaa-football-championships-1a

So  they put Dresden ,Union City and LC together with 8 teams and West Carroll in other region with 6 teams.Union City is loaded and has young team,Dresden I think is young and very good.I think LC will be better next year than this year.So If things go as I believe that leaves 1 spot between South Fulton,Humboldt,Gleason,Greenfield.Think Humboldt will be improved.Dont understand the TSSAa puts West Carrol in our region and Dresden and Gleason in the other and all a sudden,bring them back.So Im anxious to see if Gleason appeals to stay in other region with better chance to make playoffs.Looks like be easier to make the playoffs next year in the other region with McKenzie probably the best team year in and out.

Edited by mrbigster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

Scott County coach from the top rope to Oneida! I love it! 

I just don't get why Oneida will not play. The gate money could help there program for the year. I know there was hard feelings from the early 80's but come on it's been 40 years the kids are the ones getting hurt not playing.

1 hour ago, YAIDAD said:

Wonder how many team's try to change regions. For travel purposes, I hope York does. How often are appeals granted? 

York would be smart to appeal to region 2. Couple reason I think you could go far in the playoffs in Region 2 & Moving you get away from Smith County & Trousdale County 

31 minutes ago, Jet Pride said:

York would be smart to appeal to region 2. Couple reason I think you could go far in the playoffs in Region 2 & Moving you get away from Smith County & Trousdale County 

Played smith county for year's. I would think the best reason would be travel and actually have some region games that's neighboring counties actually have a chance at some rilvary games in the region. Two.hr trips for region games don't allow for much of a rivalry in my opinion. No matter your region to compete for a gold ball you gotta play someone from the other side.  My thought was strictly for travel. 

Edited by YAIDAD

36 minutes ago, Jet Pride said:

I just don't get why Oneida will not play. The gate money could help there program for the year. I know there was hard feelings from the early 80's but come on it's been 40 years the kids are the ones getting hurt not playing.

Oneida coach wouldn’t even acknowledge it. It literally makes 0 sense to me.