Football regions are out

mondo44

On 11/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, TremblingCat said:

Yes because my cousin now coaches there. I follow the OR threads now and have attended several games. 

who is your cousin coach? I know all the coaches and I'm still not buying it.  And your screen name is a tribute to your "rival" that smacks Halls every single year.  Still not buying it.  

18 minutes ago, wave88 said:

Region 4-6A.  Gallatin, Cookeville, Warren County, Wilson Central, Lebanon, Green Hill and Mt. Juliet.

Warren County’s appeal to leave the RuCo region was approved.

Cool an easy victory for most of us. Considering Cookeville, Gallatin, MJ, Lebanon, and GH will all be competitive, that’s nice to have. Gallatin loses a bit but can’t possibly be worse than last season… Green Hill will be in somewhat of a rebuild on the offensive side, MJ is stacked but we lose pretty much our whole Oline, WC is a bad team every year, and Lebanon is in a COMPLETE rebuild. I’d guess Cookeville to be improved also.

8 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Cool an easy victory for most of us. Considering Cookeville, Gallatin, MJ, Lebanon, and GH will all be competitive, that’s nice to have. Gallatin loses a bit but can’t possibly be worse than last season… Green Hill will be in somewhat of a rebuild on the offensive side, MJ is stacked but we lose pretty much our whole Oline, WC is a bad team every year, and Lebanon is in a COMPLETE rebuild. I’d guess Cookeville to be improved also.

WC is a head scratcher to me.  The way they play year in and out they should be in the Clarksville Region.  The Region of do less with more talent 

15 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

WC is a head scratcher to me.  The way they play year in and out they should be in the Clarksville Region.  The Region of do less with more talent 

Warren Co has just about as much of a chance of sniffing the playoffs in Reg 4, 6A as they did in Reg 3, 6A. Now they've have to travel further to lose. 

19 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Warren Co has just about as much of a chance of sniffing the playoffs in Reg 4, 6A as they did in Reg 3, 6A. Now they've have to travel further to lose. 

sorry, let me clarify.  When I posted that (WC) I meant Wilson Central not Warren County.  Wilson Central has always been a head scratcher to me. They look great in warm ups and on paper but seem to always fall apart when the pressure is on.  I agree with you That Warren will have an uphill battle in either Region and the added travel now  will only add to the struggle 

56 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Not sure what you’re seeing but coming from a supporter of a team that’s beat them 13 years in a row… it’s all messed up. There’s some talent but not enough, coaching is lacking quality, it’s just all a mess.

22 hours ago, cbg said:

When the private school are being forced to travel from Chattanooga to Nashville and Nashville to Memphis for region games something is wrong with the system.  I totally understand why the public and private schools were split but things are way out of hand.  Let’s put everyone back together into 4 classifications and require the following:

1.  All private schools that offer financial aid or work study must play in AAA or AAAA

2.  No private schools, magnet schools or charter schools in A

This would fix a majority of the travel issues that we are currently experiencing along with solving the travel problems which in turn should assist with financial issues.  

The only other thing that should be done is to require all students that have established an athletic record to sit out one full season if they transfer to boarding schools.  This business of boarding schools going out a finding the best players across the USA and Canada and they are eligible immediately must stop.  

Cut out the financial aid or reduce it to just 3 players like it used to be then I will welcome them back.  But if your gonna hand cherry pick 40 players then forget it.  It won’t be fair.  Most of those large privates have over half the team on financial assistance.  I could care less about the private schools ever rejoining the publics.   Just fine without them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Cut out the financial aid or reduce it to just 3 players like it used to be then I will welcome them back.  But if your gonna hand cherry pick 40 players then forget it.  It won’t be fair.  Most of those large privates have over half the team on financial assistance.  I could care less about the private schools ever rejoining the publics.   Just fine without them.  

I have a difficult time truly believing that 50% of the players on the large private school teams are on financial aid.  Is that your opinion or do you have a way of proving that number to be true?  Personally I have no problem with only allowing a predetermined number of players to be on financial aid.  Everyone knows that when that rule was in place there were still complaints by the public schools even though they were very much able to compete with the private schools.  The only reason the public and private school split for athletics took place was due to Brentwood Academy defeating Riverdale for the state championship in football.  As a former public school student athlete I throughly hate the message that is being sent to the public school athletes that they are not good enough to compete with the private school kids.  In some instances the public schools have a distinct advantage over the private schools and via versa.  It’s past time to reunite the public and private schools and have them compete against each other.  The only ones that are able to make this happen are the public schools and I have never witnessed any of them demanding the TSSAA to place the public and private schools back together.  

Edited by cbg

5 hours ago, cbg said:

I have a difficult time truly believing that 50% of the players on the large private school teams are on financial aid.  Is that your opinion or do you have a way of proving that number to be true?  Personally I have no problem with only allowing a predetermined number of players to be on financial aid.  Everyone knows that when that rule was in place there were still complaints by the public schools even though they were very much able to compete with the private schools.  The only reason the public and private school split for athletics took place was due to Brentwood Academy defeating Riverdale for the state championship in football.  As a former public school student athlete I throughly hate the message that is being sent to the public school athletes that they are not good enough to compete with the private school kids.  In some instances the public schools have a distinct advantage over the private schools and via versa.  It’s past time to reunite the public and private schools and have them compete against each other.  The only ones that are able to make this happen are the public schools and I have never witnessed any of them demanding the TSSAA to place the public and private schools back together.  

McCallie had a part in the split too.