West vs ole Daniel Boone

Whs1984

I hate hearing Boone has so many guys out...and this thing in the paper - the last thing needed at this time of year! 

I still think Boone comes out and gives it everything they got and then some. If you're playing ball this time of year you have to be good.

As for West...theyre healthy as someone mentioned theyre starters havent played more than a quarter and a half the last couple weeks. They do need to continue to protect the ball something they have improved on since the Maryville game.

I like West 42-20 in the cold.

21 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I hate hearing Boone has so many guys out...and this thing in the paper - the last thing needed at this time of year! 

I still think Boone comes out and gives it everything they got and then some. If you're playing ball this time of year you have to be good.

As for West...theyre healthy as someone mentioned theyre starters havent played more than a quarter and a half the last couple weeks. They do need to continue to protect the ball something they have improved on since the Maryville game.

I like West 42-20 in the cold.

I just don't see the 20 part.  Danull Boone struggled with Central first half score 10-7

Edited by oridgecat

21 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I just don't see the 20 part.  Danull Boone struggled with Central first half score 10-7

Yep but this backup qb came in there and hung 20 more in the second half...i think they get 7 against the starters and 14 against the backups unless West jumps out to a big lead and gets a running clock, which i dont see happening.

16 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Yep but this backup qb came in there and hung 20 more in the second half...i think they get 7 against the starters and 14 against the backups unless West jumps out to a big lead and gets a running clock, which i dont see happening.

I can see it happening.  Boone hasn't seen anything close to the speed, power and depth of West.  It will overwhelm them quickly.  go to the unapproved website and check out the competition level of that schedule.  This will be like drinking from a firehose comparatively

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I can see it happening.  Boone hasn't seen anything close to the speed, power and depth of West.  It will overwhelm them quickly.  go to the unapproved website and check out the competition level of that schedule.  This will be like drinking from a firehose comparatively

That may be the biggest difference in these two teams, Boone had a fairly soft schedule while West was battling Alcoa, Maryville, and a host of other Knoxville area nasties.....         Believe it or not I would still rather have a soft schedule and go 10-0 than a hard schedule and go 5-5.     Boone always has an early playoff exit regardless of schedule strength, so that being the case it is nice for once to have an undefeated season.       Regardless of how bad we lose to West it has still been a record setting year for Boone so no regrets.    There will never be a Tri-cities 5A or 6A team get past the 3rd round anyway so we just have to enjoy the season and not worry too much about the playoffs, just show up and give it your best shot.....

14 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That may be the biggest difference in these two teams, Boone had a fairly soft schedule while West was battling Alcoa, Maryville, and a host of other Knoxville area nasties.....         Believe it or not I would still rather have a soft schedule and go 10-0 than a hard schedule and go 5-5.     Boone always has an early playoff exit regardless of schedule strength, so that being the case it is nice for once to have an undefeated season.       Regardless of how bad we lose to West it has still been a record setting year for Boone so no regrets.    There will never be a Tri-cities 5A or 6A team get past the 3rd round anyway so we just have to enjoy the season and not worry too much about the playoffs, just show up and give it your best shot.....

Great attitude to have.  You made the final 8.  Lot's of teams wish they had a game to play on Fri.  

5 hours ago, Trap21 said:

Boone's offense has been set up by its D all season long with short fields and good field position. I don't think West will give them that. Both D's are comparable but the offenses are not. Boone's line is young and undersized so West will have a major advantage at the line of scrimmage. Boone's D will keep it close for a little while but eventually West will pull away and win comfortably. Boone's only chance is to use ball control, limit possessions, and eat clock. Easier said than done. West by 3-4 scores. 

Boone's defense doesn't come close to the athleticism and physicality West has. No  comparison! Boone may struggle to get across midfield against the West starters.

11 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Wrong, you get the right coaching staffs at either SH or DB and they could win it. There is just as many or maybe more athletes at those schools as Maryville has.