West vs ole Daniel Boone

Whs1984

47 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

West was really, really good. And I've been told good sports too... no extra shoves or after the whistle activity etc. Good luck to West the rest of the way.  Was surprised how inefficient Boone was without starting QB.  

Most high school teams are that way and Boone was no exception.    But it wouldn't have mattered, if Boone and West played 10 times West would win all 11 times by a significant margin.      As you said above, they are really really good.    It is stunning at the disparity between the best of the Tri-cities vs. the best of the Knoxville area every year.     But all of that aside, Boone still had a record setting year in a lot of different ways that will not be equaled for a long time, maybe ever.    A lot of good memories for this senior class.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:42 AM, blazer1set said:

I'm almost wondering if Region 1 5A and 6A should just break apart from the TSSAA and form our own league.   I'm like you guys, it gets tiresome every year saying the same old thing, i.e., "There's something that happens when you cross the Knox County line...."

I hate saying it every year but it is the truth from 1A to 6A.  And some of those schools, yeah winning the trophy is a great way for kids to transfer into your school. Greeneville and Elizabethton hit two years where they were above and beyond everyone, but generally 4A has been "Can we get past Anderson" and it seems like cruise control for the most part after that.  Not every year, but that's been the story the past 5 years.  

Someone through around the idea of separating schools that take tuition vs general county schools.... I'd be interested to see where people would be classified then.  But yeah, 5A and 6A in Upper East is a rough place to win championships.

7 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I hate saying it every year but it is the truth from 1A to 6A.  And some of those schools, yeah winning the trophy is a great way for kids to transfer into your school. Greeneville and Elizabethton hit two years where they were above and beyond everyone, but generally 4A has been "Can we get past Anderson" and it seems like cruise control for the most part after that.  Not every year, but that's been the story the past 5 years.  

Someone through around the idea of separating schools that take tuition vs general county schools.... I'd be interested to see where people would be classified then.  But yeah, 5A and 6A in Upper East is a rough place to win championships.

Yep, I'm with ya....      I have come to accept the fact that Boone is never going to get past the Knox County line, so instead of being bent out of shape about that it's more about trying to win the regular season games, improve as a team and have fun with it.    I still love HS football more than any other entertainment venue, it's nice to win an occasional playoff game but as a fan you have to finally get to that place where you don't hang the whole season on playoff wins or lack thereof.     And we had a fantastic year, it may never be equaled but on the other hand it might encourage some guys to come out for football next year who would ordinarily not do so.