The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

It hard figure the cold weather in as many will say it goes both ways. I sure hope both teams keep the injuries down, two more game after this one. Most Greenville fans believing honestly the Mavs won't keep up with them. Well Mavs have went through the ringer this year and are 12-0. I haven't really seen anyone stop us. I can say early Rhea county gave a good game. We came back. But Mo. West did the same with GV. Let's say for everyone no one will be cold. These stands the fireworks and crowd will be loud and rumblings. Bring your own seat. lol

13 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

By all intense purposes we were the underdog in the Betsy Game so as much, if correct 4 TD. Some Greeneville fans are going Mavs underdog as much 3-4. Here a meme from my favorite cartoon growing up!

5pyij1.jpg

Mavs you were the favorites agains Betsy. Mav fans think they are in the finals, I guess most Devil fans think the Green will be there. I think it will be a great game. Pulling for the Devils prepared to accept the outcome either way.

Edited by noonesfool

Just more stuff to ponder.  AC has had to push through some tough games,  sometimes into the 4th quarter. The game against Rhea county was one where they should have beat that team by 5 scores but had 5 or 6 turnovers. 

The first game against Betsy. Came out thinking they had it won and got punched in the mouth, had to get going and battle back.  

The second game against Betsy. AC was about 2 scores better than them.  Betsy would score and AC would answer. The last drive on the ground was impressive by the line, even though we fumbled on the 1. 

The Bearden game was similar to the 2nd Betsy game in that AC had to answer every time Bearden tried to make a game of it. 

I say all that to bring up this.  AC has had to play some games into the 4th quarter. Besides the MO West game has GV had to dig deep this season? I'm in no way saying they can't or won't. I'm just wondering if that experience will matter in this game. I think from an historical standpoint it benefits AC since in years past they have fell apart at times once GV gets a break, a lead or a big play. Maybe AC will be more composed if that happens again this year.  

Just stuff to consider.  GV is still the overwhelming favorite,  ranked #1, and with a history of recent success over AC. AC is still the underdog.  

Edited by FormerMav
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Just more stuff to ponder.  AC has had to push through some tough games,  sometimes into the 4th quarter. The game against Rhea county was one where they should have beat that team by 5 scores but had 5 or 6 turnovers. 

The first game against Betsy. Came out thinking they had it won and got punched in the mouth, had to get going and battle back.  

The second game against Betsy. AC was about 2 scores better than them.  Betsy would score and AC would answer. The last drive on the ground was impressive by the line, even though we fumbled on the 1. 

The Bearden game was similar to the 2nd Betsy game in that AC had to answer every time Bearden tried to make a game of it. 

I say all that to bring up this.  AC has had to play some games into the 4th quarter. Besides the MO West game has GV had to dig deep this season? I'm in no way saying they can't or won't. I'm just wondering if that experience will matter in this game. I think from an historical standpoint it benefits AC since in years past they have fell apart at times once GV gets a break, a lead or a big play. Maybe AC will be more composed if that happens again this year.  

Just stuff to consider.  GV is still the overwhelming favorite,  ranked #1, and with a history of recent success over AC. AC is still the underdog.  

All good points.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Yes Greeneville’s had to do that a couple times this year but the best thing imo is the defense and offense go against each other every week in practice so they’re ready for anyone because the go against the best all week 

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Mavs you were the favorites agains Betsy. Mav fans think they are in the finals, I guess most Devil fans think the Green will be there. I think it will be a great game. Pulling for the Devils prepared to accept the outcome either way.

My bad on 4 TD might have seen a Betsy post somewhere. But I do see Underdog in the press in this one because the Mavs have not beat Greeneville since the Rilvary exist.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

My bad on 4 TD might have seen a Betsy post somewhere. But I do see Underdog in the press in this one because the Mavs have not beat Greeneville since the Rilvary exist.

You are correct, win or lose you are going in as the Underdog. Wish I could be at the game, but got to watch my Grandson Saturday in his middle school championship game