Riverside vs Lewis rd 2

Pantherpride45

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

these guys turn every thread into a thread about their schools and even stuff like "remember that 1982 game, my brother caught a pass in that one" but somehow I am a thread hijacker

“1994”, General.

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Lewis is 10-1, and just beat Riverside 2 weeks ago, and no one is picking them lol 

Playoff history. One third round game in the past decade and only two in the last 20 years. Knowing this, the smart bet would be on Riverside. However, things have changed.

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

AS DID 99% of people familiar with Lewis playoff history. did u even read what i wrote this thread?

New coach; new offense and new era!

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man when we first started bickering on here years ago I can say it wasn’t good but like with MOST folks on here I have grown to respect you and I think you a great poster for your program. This is going to be a tough game for Lewis and Riverside. The edge goes to Lewis county for home field advantage but my guy tells me this will be the river rats prevailing victorious. Lol 

Good luck to both teams. I think a lot of the posters from both programs!

what a brown noser- sheesh 

Weather will have a small factor in play calls this week. Hope someone has a good heater on the sideline and the footballs have been prepared properly. 

Defensive line for Riverside will have to dominate the line of scrimmage again this week. Against Mt. Pleasant they did a remarkable job of keeping the Tiger's  offensive attack on its heels. The amount of pressure decided the game in the second half. The offense for the Panthers did a great job of moving the chains and being patient in the play calls.  Gave their defense time to rest and make adjustments. Very well coached game in my opinion.

Lewis County played a familiar opponent and took care of business in physical fashion. They have played at a high level all year and could become a history maker if they are able to keep the run game going. Run game is also dependent on the threat and efficiency of the passing attack. Offensive balance has kept many defense's guessing this year. I also have to give some props to their defense. Improving every week, great tackling all year. The overall energy of the team has been a factor for them, You can tell a lot by a sideline that is always into the game and cheering their teammates. Small things make a big difference to me.

So, for Riverside.. No Pressure, No Diamonds

For Lewis..... No Surrender, No Retreat.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sourapples said:

Weather will have a small factor in play calls this week. Hope someone has a good heater on the sideline and the footballs have been prepared properly. 

Defensive line for Riverside will have to dominate the line of scrimmage again this week. Against Mt. Pleasant they did a remarkable job of keeping the Tiger's  offensive attack on its heels. The amount of pressure decided the game in the second half. The offense for the Panthers did a great job of moving the chains and being patient in the play calls.  Gave their defense time to rest and make adjustments. Very well coached game in my opinion.

Lewis County played a familiar opponent and took care of business in physical fashion. They have played at a high level all year and could become a history maker if they are able to keep the run game going. Run game is also dependent on the threat and efficiency of the passing attack. Offensive balance has kept many defense's guessing this year. I also have to give some props to their defense. Improving every week, great tackling all year. The overall energy of the team has been a factor for them, You can tell a lot by a sideline that is always into the game and cheering their teammates. Small things make a big difference to me.

good stuff. informative but with heart too. i like it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sourapples said:

The first time we played Lewis county their tackling stood out to me. They was not a lot of arm tackling like you see a lot in high school. 

Edited by Riverside80

Both defensive lines dominated the first game. Whichever team can reverse this narrative will win this game. RS made adjustments at halftime that included a way to utilize the power rushing game. Can LC come up with an answer? That will be key. Home field will be big and for that reason I give LC a slight edge in this game.

9 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

R6 posters: "whoever scores the most points has a good chance to win the game"

R5 posters; publish a novel with descriptive playbooks and defensive schemes for both teams, then predict exact scores down to a missed extra point...game is played and opposite team scores the most points and wins the game.

• Upvote 1