East Robertson vs Tyner Playoffs Round 3

Warrior11

25 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER 1st team D has allowed 2 passing touchdowns this whole year ER JV and varsity total has allowed 3. None since week 4. This might be a 

As I've stated earlier, key will be ER ability or inability to make tackles out in space and limit yards after catch. Tyner has some dudes. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

No disrespect but you haven’t seen a passing team Like your fixing to witness Friday. They have 2 gabe borders type athletes at wide reciever maybe 3 

Correct. 3 or 4 Prince type players on this team… I do think ER matches up better athlete wise than we (Westy) did but they are good though man. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

No disrespect but you haven’t seen a passing team Like your fixing to witness Friday. They have 2 gabe borders type athletes at wide reciever maybe 3 

Oh I 100% understand that. We haven’t seen anyone throw the ball over 15 times yet this year. I know we haven’t seen anyone like this but this is also why in the summer east did 7 on 7’s vs Lipscomb Acad, Oakland, Beech and other big schools with big time athletes. Brooks knew with the schedule he was left with er wouldn’t see any athletes during the regular season. So Brooks did the best he could in the summer and preseasons to play teams that had athletes that could go toe to toe with east.

54 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m surprised some think this game will be close, I’ve seen Tyner and watched East play Bledsoe, Tyner should win going away. East has some good athletes but not enough to mach Tyner. 

I think what people are saying it could be closer than what people think. ER just not going to roll over and give the win to tyner. ER has athletes as well! 

This is exactly what you want ER, people dont even think it will be close. There is much more to it than just having lots of athletes. Springfield beats teams in the playoffs every year with multiple players with offers to college, while being undersized and not having any offers. I will say you guys find a way to get it done, I believe it is close either way it goes...

31 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

This is exactly what you want ER, people dont even think it will be close. There is much more to it than just having lots of athletes. Springfield beats teams in the playoffs every year with multiple players with offers to college, while being undersized and not having any offers. I will say you guys find a way to get it done, I believe it is close either way it goes...

ER will get mercy ruled by 3rd qtr. Mark it down. Tyner is just a different animal this year. 

Folks can talk about who Tyner has played and who Er has played, but the name of the game is dominating the opponent in front of you. Both these teams have done just that all season, ER hasnt seen a team that plays the way the Rams do however the Rams havent  seen a team that plays the way ER does that has the athletes they do. This should be a great game!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

The interesting part of the equation will be how the defensive coordinator for ER decided to scheme against tyner. We were willing to give them the deep ball and try to cover the short to mid range routes because we noticed on film the qb was not very accurate throwing the deep ball. It worked the first half very well. Qb over threw a lot and we tackled well on the short passes. The second half he kept over throwing the deep ball but we started missing tackles on the short to mid range passes. 

Jackson has been pretty accurate throwing deep most of the season. The passes he missed deep last game weren't terrible over throws missed by a yard maybe two on a couple some were bad. Footing wasnt great Friday night either. Rams have been playing  tight early ive noticed in the first two playoff games not sure if its just nerves or what 

• Upvote 1