Tomcat nation it's our time, what y'all think

shawboy

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

How does this Haywood team compare to the team we played in 2020.

Had a DB playing quarterback two years ago and just couldn't throw period. This year's QB has lost once as a starter and is a true dual threat guy. We are a lot more disciplined and tougher than last year's squad which wilted in the cold. This is by far our most well-rounded squad under the Coach Smith regime. Kicking is definitely not as solid, but they make it work. Defensively, have huge and athletic interior linemen this year. You guys were clearly the better team that year. This season, our tempo is so much faster and don't turn the ball over - averaging almost 50 ppg. 

17 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Had a DB playing quarterback two years ago and just couldn't throw period. This year's QB has lost once as a starter and is a true dual threat guy. We are a lot more disciplined and tougher than last year's squad which wilted in the cold. This is by far our most well-rounded squad under the Coach Smith regime. Kicking is definitely not as solid, but they make it work. Defensively, have huge and athletic interior linemen this year. You guys were clearly the better team that year. This season, our tempo is so much faster and don't turn the ball over - averaging almost 50 ppg. 

Sounds like you guys have a great team with good size and team speed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Think West TN 4A football is just way down from 2020..

Personally, I think Haywood was a heck of a team but probably the third best team we seen this year behind mba and Lipscomb Academy.  I think Haywood players thought PC would fold eventually but as the game kept going they seen it wasn’t gone happen. HW will be back next year, bigger and stronger faster.

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Personally, I think Haywood was a heck of a team but probably the third best team we seen this year behind mba and Lipscomb Academy.  I think Haywood players thought PC would fold eventually but as the game kept going they seen it wasn’t gone happen. HW will be back next year, bigger and stronger faster.

Yes PC’s schedule definitely helped them. Haywood’s nowhere near the best team PC has seen and PC is the best team haywood had seen. Haywood played one team (Milan) the entire season who could pass the football and they aren’t close to efficient passing. That’s just a fact. 

Edited by 731Ball