Interesting article on classification appeal

Indian

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Where did I ever say that the program wasn’t started to be more attractive academic wise?

It also opened up for anyone in Knox County no matter their zone could attend the school if they wanted to be part of the IB program which in turned made the school more diverse being able to pull from anywhere.  I personally know  multiple current students that are part of the program that at least one of their parents aren’t Originally from the US that would normally be zoned for other schools. My statement still stand that West is more Diverse than Howard and that has already been proven through stats provided

Cart before the horse or chicken or egg. It doesn't matter.

15 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

But the program was not started to make the school more diverse or because the school had a more diverse student population. You can transfer in and be eligible to play sports.

I never said it was!  Like I just stated the IB program at West (with it being the only school in Knoxville) opened up for ANY student of any walk of life, income, heritage, nation of origin, etc.  The bi product of that (doesn’t matter why the program was started) is a more diverse school if their parents want them to be apart of the IB program since it can pull from any part of Knox County.  

I know you can transfer in and be eligible to play sports, that has nothing to do with my statement that it’s a more diverse school.

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I never said it was!  Like I just stated the IB program at West (with it being the only school in Knoxville) opened up for ANY student of any walk of life, income, heritage, nation of origin, etc.  The bi product of that (doesn’t matter why the program was started) is a more diverse school if their parents want them to be apart of the IB program since it can pull from any part of Knox County.  

I know you can transfer in and be eligible to play sports, that has nothing to do with my statement that it’s a more diverse school.

If I am not mistaken Oakland is the only school in Rutherford County that offers the IB program.  

39 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Cart before the horse or chicken or egg. It doesn't matter.

It does when the comment of Howard is more Diverse than West when it fact it's not true so go back and look at the stats!  Doesn't matter how it happened and anyone thinking that the IB program didn't bring in a more diverse population to Knox West is obtuse when they can literally pull from anywhere in Knox County.

11 minutes ago, cbg said:

If I am not mistaken Oakland is the only school in Rutherford County that offers the IB program.  

You are correct along with Cookeville being the only school in their County and Franklin the only one in theirs.  Nashville has Hillsboro, Antioch and Hunters Lane. Memphis has Ridgeway, Germantown, and Lausanne. Chattanooga has Signal Mountain & Ooltewah

29 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It does when the comment of Howard is more Diverse than West when it fact it's not true so go back and look at the stats!  Doesn't matter how it happened and anyone thinking that the IB program didn't bring in a more diverse population to Knox West is obtuse when they can literally pull from anywhere in Knox County.

You are comparing apples to oranges when comparing Hamilton county schools to Knox county schools . In Knox county most high schools can pull students from any zone other zone as long as it does not violate the agreement the Office of Civil Rights/NAACP made with Knox County Schools on desegregation in Knox County schools. Most incoming freshman can attend any school if the principal agrees to admit them. That's where all of the so called recruiting go on.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

You are comparing apples to oranges when comparing Hamilton county schools to Knox county schools . In Knox county most high schools can pull students from any zone other zone as long as it does not violate the agreement the Office of Civil Rights/NAACP made with Knox County Schools on desegregation in Knox County schools. Most incoming freshman can attend any school if the principal agrees to admit them. That's where all of the so called recruiting go on.

I wasn’t comparing school systems at all and never mentioned school system.  Once again it was that West is more Diverse than Howard (doesn’t matter the reason it still is)

You also don’t know Hamilton County school system policies either since section 4.213 literally talks about Open Zoning :lol:.  https://cdn5-ss18.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_350194/File/Departments/School Board/Board Policy/Board Policy 11-18-22.pdf.  Over 90% of school in Tn are open zoning and it doesn’t make it different than Knox County

50 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I wasn’t comparing school systems at all and never mentioned school system.  Once again it was that West is more Diverse than Howard (doesn’t matter the reason it still is)

You also don’t know Hamilton County school system policies either since section 4.213 literally talks about Open Zoning :lol:.  https://cdn5-ss18.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_350194/File/Departments/School Board/Board Policy/Board Policy 11-18-22.pdf.  Over 90% of school in Tn are open zoning and it doesn’t make it different than Knox County

So both Knox county and Hamilton county school systems have a legally binding agreement with the US Federal Office of Civil Rights Office/NAACP  to desecrate thier respective school systems. Very interesting.