Interesting article on classification appeal

Indian

Howard is overcrowded with "newcomer" Hispanic students that don't participate in anything because most haven't been in school since elementary.  It has forced them up in classification and has made maintaining athletics extremely hard. Even Howard's girls soccer team struggles. People exaggerate how good the boys soccer program really is at this point. It's an HCDE problem not a coaching problem. 

7 hours ago, LloydBonafide said:

Howard is overcrowded with "newcomer" Hispanic students that don't participate in anything because most haven't been in school since elementary.  It has forced them up in classification and has made maintaining athletics extremely hard. Even Howard's girls soccer team struggles. People exaggerate how good the boys soccer program really is at this point. It's an HCDE problem not a coaching problem. 

Again, the same thing is happening in multiple metro schools. Glencliff and Antioch are examples.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:25 AM, LloydBonafide said:

Please STOP IT!!!! It is coaching!!! Nobody else numbers are hurting.  Boys soccer has the numbers, Baseball has the numbers, girls basketball has the numbers, boys basketball has 3 teams, he is the only one with a lack of participation.  Like the other post above says other schools are getting beat and not complaining only this guy 

22 hours ago, NeoNate said:

Please STOP IT!!!! It is coaching!!! Nobody else numbers are hurting.  Boys soccer has the numbers, Baseball has the numbers, girls basketball has the numbers, boys basketball has 3 teams, he is the only one with a lack of participation.  Like the other post above says other schools are getting beat and not complaining only this guy 

Coach Starr is that you? Lol! It's well documented that Howard is 180% over capacity. I don't care about what other schools are doing, I'm speaking on Howard. It doesn't matter whose coaching football, the school's facing the same problem regardless. If you really knew what was going on at Howard you would know that the data presented to TSSAA was compiled by one of Howard's former assistant basketball coaches and the baseball coach. 

1 hour ago, LloydBonafide said:

Coach Starr is that you? Lol! It's well documented that Howard is 180% over capacity. I don't care about what other schools are doing, I'm speaking on Howard. It doesn't matter whose coaching football, the school's facing the same problem regardless. If you really knew what was going on at Howard you would know that the data presented to TSSAA was compiled by one of Howard's former assistant basketball coaches and the baseball coach. 

Doesnt matter who I am, but NO I am not Coach Starr but he kept good numbers and the community speaks highly of him.  Howard being overcrowded has nothing to do with the fact that this coach cant keep a staff and kids dont want to play for him. Look at the real issue instead of trying to take up for the person who is the problem.  There are currently 3 coaches in the building that coached with Maffett before who refuse to be on his staff.  That my friend has nothing to do with the school its because of the poor leader of the football program.  Have a good day Coach Maffett  

On 11/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, Swipes said:

Tell me you know nothing about Knox West without telling me you know nothing about Knox West.  They are the only school in the area with an international baccalaureate program so yes it’s a very diverse school. 

That program has nothing to do with how diverse the school is or how many students and their family members speak a foreign language or their heritage is from a foreign country. The program was started to make the academic program more attractive when school zone was changed for West.

15 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

That program has nothing to do with how diverse the school is or how many students and their family members speak a foreign language or their heritage is from a foreign country. The program was started to make the academic program more attractive when school zone was changed for West.

Where did I ever say that the program wasn’t started to be more attractive academic wise?

It also opened up for anyone in Knox County no matter their zone could attend the school if they wanted to be part of the IB program which in turned made the school more diverse being able to pull from anywhere.  I personally know  multiple current students that are part of the program that at least one of their parents aren’t Originally from the US that would normally be zoned for other schools. My statement still stand that West is more Diverse than Howard and that has already been proven through stats provided

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Where did I ever say that the program wasn’t started to be more attractive academic wise?

It also opened up for anyone in Knox County no matter their zone could attend the school if they wanted to be part of the IB program which in turned made the school more diverse being able to pull from anywhere.  I personally know  multiple current students that are part of the program that at least one of their parents aren’t Originally from the US that would normally be zoned for other schools. My statement still stand that West is more Diverse than Howard and that has already been proven through stats provided

But the program was not started to make the school more diverse or because the school had a more diverse student population. You can transfer in and be eligible to play sports.