CPA vs LA T$$AA D2-AA Gold Ball Contest

Booger

no dog in that hunt.....but this game aint for sissys and whiners.....neither is life.....maybe why the wokers are takin over.....and Booger aint no believer in takin prisoners..

...that was very impressive to see

Booger just sayin 6-oz. Original Anti Monkey Butt Powder In TN

Edited by Booger

56 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Well… at least it was warmer than I thought it would be at the game.  I’m proud of our guys getting to play again on the last day of the season. 

was an absolute pleasure meetin you and chattin with you BT28.....hated that contest turned out that like that....ole Booger would probably rather seen it the other way round.....Dont see why you Presbyterians will not be favored to collect that Gold Ball in 23'

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

- I thought dilfer showed restraint with the score.  he ground out the whole second half with no huge chunk plays that I can remember.  

- best i could tell, spillman hit him as he threw the ball and it wasn't malicious.  it's football.  

- sorry they didn't play back-ups the way you wanted.  

Right.

Why should the subs that attended every practice, every weight training session, every team meeting, get to say they played in a state championship game? I mean they might blow our shutout. We are only up 42!!!!!

Seriously, that was bush league. Nothing you can spin will make that right.

40 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Right.

Why should the subs that attended every practice, every weight training session, every team meeting, get to say they played in a state championship game? I mean they might blow our shutout. We are only up 42!!!!!

***Copied from the other thread for emphasis ***
Dilfer is a disgrace to TN High School Football Coaching. Awsomebrough, You seem like a decent poster, still new so we will see. His antics are ridiculous and the HS game, at least in TN, doesn’t need it. Glad to see him go. Warming up at another HS and bussing in with 2:00 on the clock before game time, absurd. I was the color guy on the radio for 8 years. We had 1 opposing coach in 8 years refuse to do a 5 minute phone interview for the pregame show during game week. Take a guess who that self righteous coach was? And the post game interview today, with the fake crying??? You guys should be embarrassed by that on TV. Let alone throwing it in the end zone with :29 to go…. Lipscomb is getting ready to pay a bunch of receipts over the next few years. 

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Right.

Your negativity is so tiring…running clock who cares…would  that have really made you feel better if we subbed for a few plays?

CPA kept their first string d in with 6 minutes left in the game…so you want LA to play backups so that the other team can maybe get the ball back and make the ending score closer???

That makes so sense to me…if ingle subbed so would Trent ….I know that for a fact.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Your negativity is so tiring…running clock who cares…would  that have really made you feel better if we subbed for a few plays?

CPA kept their first string d in with 6 minutes left in the game…so you want LA to play backups so that the other team can maybe get the ball back and make the ending score closer???

That makes so sense to me…if ingle subbed so would Trent ….I know that for a fact.

If Dilfer replaced his starters so would Martin.

5 hours ago, Flea21 said:

Trent ripped Ingle….that will never be denied.

Trent didn’t rip anyone with his coaching. LA went out an sold its soul to get players in that were just substantially better overall than other teams. This LA team is very talented but with long time NFLers and high school all Americans that BA had in the 1990’s this LA team would have had their hands full and then some. Heck, Ingles MBA team would have had a good showing against this LA team. 

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Trent didn’t rip anyone with his coaching. LA went out an sold its soul to get players in that were just substantially better overall than other teams. This LA team is very talented but with long time NFLers and high school all Americans that BA had in the 1990’s this LA team would have had their hands full and then some. Heck, Ingles MBA team would have had a good showing against this LA team. 

BA might have given them a run, but I don't think MBA had the horses to keep up. They had some great high school players, but Martin was the only one who would be in the top handful of talents on Lipscomb's team. MBA dominated what was arguably a down cycle in D-II, shortly after the divisions were split. I do remember a fairly narrow win over an average Lincoln County team in '99, and I believe they were blown out on the field by Bolles in 2000 but later got the win by forfeit due to Bolles having an illegal player. MBA was definitely good, but I'm not sure I'd put them in the top handful of best Tennessee high school teams ever.

4 hours ago, GG22 said:

BA might have given them a run, but I don't think MBA had the horses to keep up. They had some great high school players, but Martin was the only one who would be in the top handful of talents on Lipscomb's team. MBA dominated what was arguably a down cycle in D-II, shortly after the divisions were split. I do remember a fairly narrow win over an average Lincoln County team in '99, and I believe they were blown out on the field by Bolles in 2000 but later got the win by forfeit due to Bolles having an illegal player. MBA was definitely good, but I'm not sure I'd put them in the top handful of best Tennessee high school teams ever.

We beat Bolles in '99 at MBA.  The return trip there in 2000 happened in a hurricane and should have been cancelled, but we went there anyways and got beat, and were later awarded the win because Bolles played ineligible players in the game.  Hunter Hillenmeyer was on those teams and had a long career in the NFL.  Those MBA teams from '98-'00 coached by Ricky Bowers could compete with anyone.

4 hours ago, GG22 said:

Martyn was a parade all American and was hand-picked by Steve Spurrier to be his new generation quarterback. Ingle might be the most highly rated quarterback to ever come out of Tennessee. UT wanted him to play safety and John Chavis said Ingle could be an all American there. The dude was so athletic he was the back up quarterback and starting punter at Florida while also playing a little wide receiver. That dude a quarterback with several of the big Tom players on that team would have competed with this LA team. 

• Like 1