East-TN Reigns Supreme

BoardHater71

41 minutes ago, WDE7227391 said:

Honestly thought, you can not convince me Alcoa runs a 100% clean program. Zero percent chance that a school is just lucky to have so many good players come through there year in and year out with no drop off.

You're right successful programs aren't lucky. They built it over time. The foundation starts in peewee football then middle school. Those kids learn a system and buy into it and the community buys into it also. Success breeds success, they see the success of teams before them an that motivates them to be there one day. Most kids on these teams have been playing ball together since peewee running the same system the high school team uses so when they get up there nothing's new. If I'm a dad an want what's best for my son's athletic career I'm putting him in a successful program where he can flourish. Is that the school cheating or is that the school reaping the benefits of it's success?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KEV-O said:

You're right successful programs aren't lucky. They built it over time. The foundation starts in peewee football then middle school. Those kids learn a system and buy into it and the community buys into it also. Success breeds success, they see the success of teams before them an that motivates them to be there one day. Most kids on these teams have been playing ball together since peewee running the same system the high school team uses so when they get up there nothing's new. If I'm a dad an want what's best for my son's athletic career I'm putting him in a successful program where he can flourish. Is that the school cheating or is that the school reaping the benefits of it's success?

Nice fairy tale. Kinda made me tear up a little. Kids coming outta diapers and playing football with their friends thru middle school. Getting to HS as a Unit and dominating the competition. And winning the State Championship year after year after year. Alcoa is the “go to” place for middle school kids in their area. 
Parents move. Bring their aspiring athletes. And the rest is history. But for them to “claim” that they just “happen” to reload every year with less than 750 kids is more than any rational person can swallow. . Congrats Alcoa. On another Win. But it’s not fair to the rest of the state. . Keep on Keeping on. As long as you’re getting away with it. 

1 hour ago, TornadoNation said:

First off congrats to all the state championship teams and hats off to the runner ups! Had alot of fun watching most of these games! 
With that said, why in the world is there so much hate for Alcoa? I’ve seen it everywhere. Its getting ridiculous lol

People tend to hate programs that win. At all levels and all different sports. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Nice fairy tale. Kinda made me tear up a little. Kids coming outta diapers and playing football with their friends thru middle school. Getting to HS as a Unit and dominating the competition. And winning the State Championship year after year after year. Alcoa is the “go to” place for middle school kids in their area. 
Parents move. Bring their aspiring athletes. And the rest is history. But for them to “claim” that they just “happen” to reload every year with less than 750 kids is more than any rational person can swallow. . Congrats Alcoa. On another Win. But it’s not fair to the rest of the state. . Keep on Keeping on. As long as you’re getting away with it. 

I thought you had turned a corner :wink:.  Go back and read what he said again. "Most kids on these teams have been playing ball together since peewee running the same system the high school team uses so when they get up there nothing's new" which is a true statement if you actually know anything about Alcoa's program (I do after living in Knoxville for 15 years now).  Yes great programs everywhere will get transfers in and some they wish they didn't. (I know Alcoa wishes especially the QB that transferred in to Alcoa during Covid and was ranked from California and the dad was a head case to say the least, especially after his son lost the starting Job.). You're throwing stones from a glass house being a Elizabethton fan when your star running back during those championship runs in Maupin was a transfer from DB.  Parents want what best for their kids and will do what it takes for them to be successful, Alcoa doesn't have to recruit when the program recruits for itself.  So please tell me what they are "getting away with"?  Running a championship program?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, WDE7227391 said:

Alcoa is only going to get better and better.  As Maryville continues to trend towards being a middle of the pack program in a loaded division you’re going to see several of their kids splinter away and go to Alcoa.  Kids today are ring chasers and next level chasers and at Alcoa they are going to be in prime position to do both for many years to come.  As long as Maryville is in 6A they will be a 10-11 win program on average but they are far from a guarantee to get to the championship game.  That’s especially the truth while Creasy & Co. are killing everyone at Oakland.

11 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa is only going to get better and better.  As Maryville continues to trend towards being a middle of the pack program in a loaded division you’re going to see several of their kids splinter away and go to Alcoa.  Kids today are ring chasers and next level chasers and at Alcoa they are going to be in prime position to do both for many years to come.  As long as Maryville is in 6A they will be a 10-11 win program on average but they are far from a guarantee to get to the championship game.  That’s especially the truth while Creasy & Co. are killing everyone at Oakland.

Ha! While I know now you aren't who I originally thought you were, but this assessment still proves to me your screen name should be Don'tKnowMuch.

Edited by JSamson7

4 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I wouldn't expect an Oak Ridge fan posing as a fan of another team to understand. If you were really an Elizabethton fan you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Go away Willie. 

Edited by KEV-O
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KEV-O said:

I wouldn't expect an Oak Ridge fan posing as a fan of another team to understand. If you were really an Elizabethton fan you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Go away Willie. 

Kevo. . Man you’re quite a mystery. I direct a comment directly to you and you disappear. Then without explanation you show up again with more of your hateful drivel and foolishness. You should find a good church. Small congregation. Let people really get to know you, and find out whatever it is that’s weighing heavily on your heart, that makes you so weird. For reference sake. And you may need to write this down. I’ll ask the next time i want your opinion. Otherwise good luck brother on your journey. It must be a real struggle having to cope with a mental illness. 

27 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I hope everyone thinks Maryville is going downhill.  JV was unbeaten.  Freshmen lost only once and the Junior High team was unbeaten. 

They were 4-5 TDs worse than 6A Oakland and also lost to the 5A Champs and the 3A Champs this year.  I'm not so sure they would have beaten the 4A Champs either in all honesty.  

They are great.  I'm not dogging them.  They are better than 90% of the teams in the state.  They just aren't as elite as you all like to arrogantly pronounce yourselves as being in today's era.

You're what Riverdale, Gallatin, and Dobyns-Bennett became many years before.  It's not an insult.  It's reality.  People like yourself and JSAMSON get so offended when someone doesn't crown Maryville as the greatest thing ever.  

If you guys want to look at current championship trophies maybe you can get a weekly pass to go visit Alcoa High School and look at theirs.  

• Like 1